The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing outstanding service to our customers by answering questions, handling complaints, and troubleshooting problems with our products and programs. This role may handle a high volume of inbound or outbound calls or both and should seek to create a positive experience for each caller. They will listen to clients to understand the reason for their call, address all questions or complaints, and provide an accurate and efficient response.
To be a successful CSR, you should be customer-focused, detail oriented, and efficient. You should be polite, reliable, knowledgeable, and adaptable.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to new and current JumpstartMD members via phone and email, striving to meet highest level of member satisfaction
- Greet member in a friendly and professional manner using agreed upon language
- Listen attentively to member needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy
- Answer questions and provide customer-focused solutions via phone and e-mail
- Explain the JumpstartMD program to potential new members in a clear and thourough manner and successfully onboard them into the program
- Build customer relationships that promote long-term success
- Escalate member or operational issues to supervisor in a manner that identifies solutions and focuses on timely and mutually satisfactory resolve.
- Make outbound calls for reminders, rescheduling, issue resolution and member retention attempts.
- Develop relationships with inbound leads coming through our website or resulting from our marketing initiatives.
- Create energy and excitement around our program by using a variety of communication methods such as in-depth phone conversations, online presentations and crafting of compelling emails.
- Educate our customers about our program, providing them with tailored solutions to their individual needs.
- Maintain basic knowledge of JSMD programs, products, policies and procedures
- Participate in activities designed to improve member satisfaction, retention and business performance.
- Track, document and retrieve information in contact tracking database.
- Observe HIPAA (patient privacy) regulations in communication with member.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- AA or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior experience in phone sales and/or phone customer service highly desirable.
- Prior experience in health and wellness with interest in health care, nutrition, weight management and/or fitness highly desirable.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette
- Empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic
- Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients of varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- Proficient computer skills and experience working with electronic health records
- Experience working in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work in a fast-moving environment
JumpstartMD is a medical practice dedicated to pre-emptive, preventive medicine through lifestyle change and sustainable weight loss. Our program is personalized based on proven nutritional science, one-on-one lifestyle counseling and real, fresh food. JumpstartMD was founded by Stanford trained physicians and board certified Diplomates of the American Board of Obesity Medicine, and has helped more than 70,000 patients since 2007.
Our professional staff includes experts in medicine, nutrition, psychology and physical fitness who meet individually with patients each week. Many have struggled with weight themselves and all are passionate about empowering our patients with knowledge and personal support to achieve optimized health.