Jumping Jack Dog Ranch is seeking a part or full time groomer! Benefits include healthcare/vision/dental (for full time employees only) and free dog boarding/daycare for your personal dogs. We have extensive training for all of our staff in dog training / behavior, and plenty of opportunities for growth. We do not believe grooming should be stressful for the groomer or the dog, so we allow plenty of time to complete grooms and do not typically book more than 3 dogs a day. All groom dogs are bathed/dried by our bather.
Our team posts grooming requests on a message board called slack, part time groomers can pick & choose the grooms they wish to have up to a week before. Our bather will bathe/dry your dog for you, you will just come in for the haircut at 50% commission. Blades and tools provided by us, but you're welcome to use your own. We typically don't accept more than 3 cuts per day, but could grow the book of business if you wanted to. We currently have 4 part time groomers handling the load, but they are working in other areas of our business as well and our book of grooming clients continues to grow.
If you are interested in a full time role with benefits, we have an option for a hybrid bather/groomer role, which could grow into a full time groomer role.
- Baths and Blowouts as needed (but our bather usually does this)
- Nail trims and dremmel as needed (but our bather usually does this)
- Anal Gland expressions as needed (but our bather usually does this)
- Shaving out mats (we do not de-mat or do painful hand stripping)
- Face/ Feet/ Fanny cuts
- Breed standard haircuts of doodles, shihtzus, yorkies, golden retrievers, pyrenees. We do have a few airedales as well.
- Basic shave downs of mixed breeds (#7 or #5 blade)
- Previous grooming experience required, and photos of before/after grooms you have completed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you think you'd be a good fit, and include your resume in the email.