Lead Front-end Software Engineer
- Expired: 14 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jumpgate Solutions is a software engineering firm that focuses on software as a service and onshore remote development. The mission of Jumpgate Solutions is to commercialize innovative technology product offerings such as eco-system management and support our client’s custom software development needs using an onshore remote development center. Jumpgate Solutions is key component of a broader portfolio of solution providers which includes Optimity Advisors LLC and SaltFlats LLC.
We are hiring a Front-end Software Engineer to lead our software development team using the latest technologies to develop enterprise solutions for our customers. We need someone with both a broad set of experiences and skills as well as someone well versed in these technologies to lead future junior level developers. We look for developers who are experimenters and cross-functional. A person who is well versed in cloud technologies and SaaS would be ideal for this position.
- Apply Agile engineering best practices and principles;
- Ability to develop technical requirements, architecture, and engineering documentation;
- Ability to develop front-end website requirements, architecture, and engineering documentation;
- Design highly interactive and functional user interfaces;
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones;
- Help with code reviews and applying best practices;
- Ensure responsiveness of applications;
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features;
- Mentor junior developers through code reviews, paired programming, and collaborative conversation; and
- Other duties assigned.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Able to deploy solutions to appropriate environments using a CI/CD process;
- Support clients through testing;
- Experience creating, maintaining, and performing unit tests and other relevant automated testing;
- Ability to create user interfaces and components that are modular, performant, and maintainable;
- Able to integrate with RESTful APIs;
- Familiarity with connecting services protected by OAuth/OpenID;
- Familiarity with OAuth and the various supported flows;
- Understanding of source control management systems and continuous deployment;
- Ability to multitask, absorb new technologies, and work as both a team player contributor and a team a potential leader;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal communication and client-facing experience;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and strong team player; and
- Willingness to work on legacy software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field;
- 5-7 years of recent experience as a software developer;
- 5 years combined experience with ALL of the following front-end languages, frameworks, and technologies:
- 5 years combined experience with 1 or more of the following:
- Angular, and/or
- Experience building high-performance and scalable web services;
- Experience with automated testing, agile development methodologies, debugging, and performance optimization;
- Experience building and leading high-performance software development teams; and
- Must reside within Des Moines IA, its surrounding areas, and/or have plans to relocate at your own expense.
- Authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field;
- 10 years of experience as a software developer;
- Client-facing or consulting experience;
- Experience developing in multiple tech stacks;
- Experience with back-end development; and
- Experience in mobile development, IOS, Android or both.
Jumpgate Solutions is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
AddressDes Moines, IA
Get fresh Salaried CCNA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.