IT Project Manager
- Posted: 2 days ago
Jumpgate Solutions is a software engineering firm that focuses on software as a service and onshore remote development. The mission of Jumpgate Solutions is to commercialize innovative technology product offerings such as eco-system management and support our client’s custom software development needs using an onshore remote development center. Jumpgate Solutions is a key component of a broader portfolio of solution providers which includes Optimity Advisors LLC and SaltFlats LLC.
We are looking to add an IT Project Manager to our team! In this role, you will help move projects from start to finish. You will work directly with clients, designers, and developers ensuring we are meeting our goals and project expectations.
- Act as a single point of contact for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and programs.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation by defining the project scope and objectives, managing internal and external stakeholders, aligning the delivery of complex IT systems with business processes, and ensuring applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Develop detailed work and resources plans, monitor, and modify schedules, create project estimates, track project progress, provide status reports and escalate issues to leadership.
- Manage vendor integration and deliverables.
- Manage several projects varying in size and scope to replace legacy systems and integrate with other complex systems.
- Provide insight and knowledge into improving portfolio, project, and program management processes.
- Other duties or tasks as a member of the Jumpgate Solutions team.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong understanding with Agile and Agile methodologies and practices.
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate a team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing service improvement initiatives.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, and other Atlassian suites of products.
- Use of standard project management tools such as MS Project, Wiki pages, MS Teams, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in IT project management or related occupation.
- 5+ years of managing software implementation projects.
- Must reside within Des Moines IA, its surrounding areas, and/or have plans to relocate at your own expense.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in IT project management or related occupation.
- 3+ years of Jira Scrum Management.
- 7+ years of managing software implementation projects.
- Experience in software development roles.
Jumpgate Solutions is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
AddressDes Moines, IA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?