Business Development Representative (HYBRID)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jumpgate Solutions is a software engineering firm that focuses on software as a service and onshore remote development. The mission of Jumpgate Solutions is to commercialize innovative technology product offerings such as eco-system management and support our client’s custom software development needs using an onshore remote development center. Jumpgate Solutions is key component of a broader portfolio of solution providers which includes Optimity Advisors LLC and SaltFlats LLC.
We are looking for a driven, innovative business development leader that would like to create lasting impact on the future of Jumpgate Solutions with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can spearhead sales and lead-generations activities, including prospecting, outreach, qualifying leads, and support external marketing efforts in the Midwest. B2B sales, marketing, and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, as well as supporting leaders with negotiation and closing deals.
- Develop and execute the growth strategy with guidance from leadership
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to help define sales strategy
- Generate new business through marketing, partner relationships, and cold calling efforts
- Prepare and create sales presentations, proposals, sales contracts, and materials
- Manage end-to-end sales cycle from demand creation, deal pursuit, and contract closure
- Build and maintain client relationships to help drive business development efforts
- Act as a liaison to internal leaders to prepare and transition client through finalizing the contract.
- Develop and implement business development procedures based on best practices
- Support internal projects and initiatives; taking on other duties as assigned
Necessary Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Proven track record acquiring new business and growing the customer base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen needed to understand and explain the financial expectations to close sales
- Able to establish and cultivate long-term effective relationships internally and externally
- Excellent knowledge of market and strong network of business leaders and referral sources
- Able to work independently to develop leads and work in cross-functional teams to sell services
- Internal competitive drive to consistently beat company and individual goals
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize
- Strong executive presence and ability to engage with people at all levels within a company
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Office applications including, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possess both a strategic perspective to drive discussions and engagements with leaders as well as enough technical depth to be able to interact and understand the language of software developers and IT architects
- Knowledge of the markets in the upper Midwest including Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in direct sales, business development, or account management
- Experience in IT or software development sales
- Valid driver’s license and driving record with no recent major moving violations
- Willing to relocate to the Upper Midwest
- Ability to travel at 30%
- Authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in IT or software development sales
- 2+ years in sales management
- 5+ years of outside sales experience demonstrating strong sales acumen, relationship management, and account management
Jumpgate Solutions is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
AddressDes Moines, IA
BusinessView all jobs at Jumpgate