What the job entails:
Do you like poop? Of course you don’t. But apparently, many people do. This is exemplified by two of the most viral internet ads of our generation: Poo-pourri and Squatty Potty (look it up).
Jumpcut is an education company that sells online courses. We make most of our money through paid acquisition -- that means we spend between $500,000 to $1M a month on social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat on funny, viral advertisements like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-H3l3v-gE&feature=youtu.be
We are looking for someone who is clever, creative, and analytical to be our Director of User Acquisition and to create similar advertising experiences for our potential customers. Your responsibilities will be centered around the creation of ads (text, image, and video) that convert to sales and -- more importantly -- have the potential to go viral. You'll be managing this entire process: experimenting with new creatives we want to test, managing our creative team to get those assets out, and working with our operations and analytics team to release those ads and then iterate on them.
We’re currently operating mostly on YouTube and Facebook, but we’ll need your help in expanding to other platforms as well. You'll also be managing a creative marketing team (producer, video editor, motion graphics artist, marketing designer, etc). Some of these positions we already have in-house, and some you will have to recruit/hire yourself.
As the Director of User Acquisition, you'll have one of the most important leadership jobs at Jumpcut, as most of our revenue comes from converting cold traffic into leads.
Who you'll be working with:
This job will report directly to our CEO, Kong. In 2018, Kong and Peter (COO) have been the main people responsible for our advertising efforts on YouTube and Facebook, and you'll be working with them directly. Moreover, we have a remote team of five advertising analysts that do the day to day work on the platforms that you will immediately start managing on the first day.
- You will increase ad spend by 20% every quarter.
- You will maintain an average of at least 4x ROAS on each platform we advertise on.
Technical requirements we're looking for:
- At least 2 years experience on paid acquisition with a consumer-facing product
- Deep knowledge of Facebook Ads or Google Ads, and management of 6 to 7-figure monthly budgets
- Nice to have: Knowledge on other paid acquisition platforms (e.g. other social media or display networks)
Non-Technical requirements we're looking for:
- Obsession with marketing and virality
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with 10x ideas
- Analytical skills and understanding of fundamental statistics to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to find and recruit world class talent
- Ability (or potential) to manage a team