- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Catering Cook Responsibilities
We are looking for an ambitious Catering Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great banquet cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient, with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Line cook experience on multiple stations is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
This is a full-time position. Please respond with a resume so that we can schedule a time for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour + tip share
Julies Culinary Services LLC
1849 Cherry St #7Louisville, CO
Get fresh Catering COOK jobs daily straight to your inbox!