Executive Asst Payables
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JULIE, Inc. provides excavators and underground utility owners with a continuously improving, one-call message handling and delivery service to protecting underground utilities and the safety of people working or living near them. Located in Joliet, Illinois, JULIE, Inc. espouses quality, affordability, customer service and a conducive work environment. (JULIE: Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators.)
SUMMARY: JULIE, Inc. has an opening for a full time, Executive Assistant/Accounts Payable Clerk. The position has numerous responsibilities that includes providing support to the Executive Director (E.D.), all departments and Board of Directors (B.O.D.). This position also functions under the direction of the Finance Director when assisting with the Payables function. This role is a hybrid scheduling arrangement with weekly opportunities to work remotely. JULIE offers a competitive starting pay including a comprehensive benefits plan, excellent training, paid breaks and lunches, paid holidays and more!
DUTIES/QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily:
1) Provides administrative support for the Executive Director, including preparing reports, presentation slides and correspondence material; establishes and maintains filing system in Executive Director’s office. In addition, arranges travel and hotel reservations for the Executive Director as needed. Coordinates the scheduling of all meeting rooms and logistics for employee events.
2) Acts as Executive Secretary to the Board of Directors: prepares, in a timely and accurate manner, all board minutes, correspondence, meeting and travel arrangements and other matters as warranted by the Board of Directors. In addition, sets up and maintains all Board of Directors related meeting and activity files and records in the board management portal.
3) Processes all incoming mail and distributes to appropriate manager or department through assigned slots in the mail room. Responds to requests from JULIE members for free materials; and helps coordinate other such member mailings. Responsible for postage machine maintenance and record of costs to be submitted to Finance; also performs monthly statement reconciliation for UPS charges. Orders all supplies for copy machine and schedules maintenance as needed. Assists Education and Marketing & Communication Departments periodically.
4) Coordinates the company’s Wellness Program; with the input and assistance of the HR Department, including the marketing and communication pieces. Tracks and serves as point person for all scheduling and any questions related to the Wellness Program.
Also, on a rotational basis under the direction of Finance Director, assembles documentation & authorizations for all payables while verifying accuracy, authorization and receipt; communicates & documents discrepancies and reports all unresolved discrepancies to the Director of Finance; Also maintains purchase order reconciliation reports; processes vendor invoices for payment. This role requires the person to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with financial related documents.
Eligible Candidates are required to have: High School Diploma or equivalent; valid IL Driver’s License; some post-high school courses related to administrative assistance is desirable; three- four years administrative office or related experience required; some Accounts Payable experience a plus; Must have computer experience & expertise with Microsoft Office Suite products, with Word, Excel & Power Point; some experience with Access & Desktop Publishing ideal; Excellent written communication, organizational skills and attention to details are required. Demonstrated multi-tasking ability preferred.
Communicate with team members on regular basis to provide optimal customer service. Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment. Candidates are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
JULIE, Inc. is an equal opportunity, at-will employer. In addition, the organization has implemented numerous safety protocols to ensure a safe working environment as a result of the the COVID-19 pandemic. To learn more about JULIE, Inc., visit www.juliebeforeyoudig.com.
Get fresh Manager Continuous Improvement jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.