Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is a growing integrated health care organization backed by private equity.
We are seeking several Per Diem RN's to join the patient’s treatment team who provides skilled nursing visits in patient’s home under the direction of plan of treatment established with physician and input from patient/caregiver. Provides supervision for Aide and LPN as needed
• Provide initial and on-going assessment of client needs using the OASIS data elements incorporated into the Comprehensive Assessment.
• With input from patient/caregiver and in conjunction with physician, formulates and implements plan of care.
• Evaluate effectiveness of care plan and make necessary adjustments.
• Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of client taking into consideration theirs rights and cultural background.
• Receives and transcribes physician orders.
• Notify physician and Agency supervisor of unusual reactions and/or changes in client’s condition.
• Documents all appropriate observations and treatments in keeping with Agency policies and procedures.
• Participates in case conferences, team meetings, staff meetings and Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
• Provide supervision for Licensed Practical Nurses and/or Home Health Aide as assigned.
• Provide any skilled nursing service for which appropriately trained which is prescribed under the plan of care.
• Provide monthly summary of skilled services and clients outcomes to physician and Agency supervisor in keeping with Agency policies and procedures. Provides information for 60-day progress reports.
• Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures including but not limited to HIPPA Privacy rule.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all patient, employee and Agency information.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor and for which she/he is qualified.
May provide coverage every other weeekend.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing
• Currently licensed in the State of Florida
• Minimum of (1) one-year current experience in health care community. Home health experience preferred.
• Excellent Verbal Communication
• Knowledge Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
• Excellent communication skills and ability to establish good rapport with other staff members.
• Working knowledge of home health care and the principles and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation thereof.
• Skillful in organization of work and in principles of time management; and knowledge of management process.
• Ability to contribute to the quality of care being rendered through constructive communication with nursing managers and nursing staff.
• Bilingual English and Spanish or Creole preferred.