Why is This a Great Opportunity?
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
Physician – Family Practice BC or BE
We are seeking a full time Medical Director to provide clinical leadership and patient care at our Client’s new facility.
Our Client is a Fortune 500 company.
The Medical Director reports directly to the Director, Client Operations, administratively, and to the Regional Medical Director, clinically. The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for the Medical Center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the Medical Center
- Works in tandem with the Medical Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary healthcare to patients, depending on the needs of the Client;
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment;
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients, as well as educates and advises patients on medical issues, as needed
- Provides referrals, both internally and externally, to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual Medical Center goals and objectives
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations, and provides care within the legal scope of practice
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the Medical Center environment by utilizing effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participates in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the Client/account
- Collaborates with other Medical Center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to the Medical Center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the Company
- Coordinates and researches continuing education opportunities for the development of staff, within the Medical Center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the Medical Center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- May oversee and provide evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise (Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc.) and provide consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process, being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Medical Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned, as well as other projects, as required to address specific medical needs
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS
- 5 years’ minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational Health settings,Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers,Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Minnesota.
- ***Must have clean professional record***
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, may be required in some cases
Our specialties include recruitment for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Surgeons, Respiratory Therapists, Staff Nurses, Allied Health professionals, Director-level professionals, healthcare finance and IT professionals, and more.
We have various clients located nationwide including long term care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, short term rehab, acute care hospital systems, inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care agencies and travel affiliates.
Julia Edmunds Associates, Inc.Julia Edmunds Associates, Inc. is an acknowledged leader in healthcare recruitment. Founded in 1992, we have helped thousands of physicians, surgeons, therapists, nurses and other healthcare professionals find rewarding positions in high quality facilities throughout the United States and abroad. From your first contact with one of our highly specialized recruiters, you will begin to experience the Julia Edmunds difference. Our specialties include recruitment for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Surgeons, Respiratory Therapists, Staff Nurses, Allied Health professionals, Director-level professionals, healthcare finance and IT professionals, and more. We have various clients located nationwide including long term care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, short term rehab, acute care hospital systems, inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care agencies and travel affiliates.