Manufacturing Supervisor- 2nd shift
- Over a month ago
Judd Wire Inc., a Sumitomo Electric Group company, is looking for 2nd shift Manufacturing Supervisor in our Turners Falls, MA manufacturing facility. Responsible for the oversight and control of assigned manufacturing operations for a shift. Duties include coordinating shift operations, building security, resolving problems, and other similar duties pertaining to the supervision of shift operations and activities. Starting Salary: $61, 378.05 per year
1. Coordinate and control the manufacturing activities for an assigned shift. Monitor operations and ensure established procedures are being followed. Ensure quality and productivity standards are met and maintained. Ensure established production schedules are followed. Make adjustments to production schedules as required in response to problems.
2. Respond to technical and/or operational problems; troubleshoot situation and direct solution, conferring with other appropriate personnel as required.
3. Prepare required reports for rejected material, root cause, corrective actions and disposition and others as assigned in accordance with established procedures.
4. Maintain building, property and personnel security. Monitor building to ensure the proper security of windows and doors. Respond to emergency or other accident situations; ensure proper handling of the situation. Conduct investigations of accidents and prepare required reports.
5. Enforce established safety rules and regulations and ensure work areas are maintained in an orderly condition.
6. Monitor employee activities in assigned departments. Ensure workers are at assigned work locations, breaks or lunch periods, evaluate employee performance. Handle disciplinary and/or grievance problems as required and within established policy limits; refer the more complex situations to supervisor. Confer with supervisor on personnel or other matters affecting subordinates.
High School diploma or GED and basic math skills required. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing Setting
Be a team player, enjoy detailed work and willing to learn!
- Position requires moderate physical effort consisting of frequent moving, average weights, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling etc.
- Long periods of standing
- Continuous mental and visual attention to repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Working conditions may expose employee to noise, fumes, dust, hot and cold temperatures etc.
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life, AD&D and Disability
- PTO and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
To learn more about us, please visit https://sumitomoelectric.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Judd Wire, Inc.
AddressTurners Falls, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Judd Wire, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?