Machine Operator - Twist 3rd shift
- Posted: over a month ago
Starting pay: $19.17 + $2 3rd shift differential
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from orders, special customer requirements, requisitions, verbal instructions as to type of wire gauge and number of ends, number of picks or crossovers per inch; footage required on order and footage delivered from previous operations; meet schedules, work in BPCS system.
- Operate cable machines - load reel of wire into correct cradle position, select and set up proper closing dies and lay plate for results desired. Care must be taken to achieve proper overlap, lay length and lay direction, correct number of conductors to be applied, proper type of tape or binder specified.
- Visually with micrometer, check O.D. conductor size, labels reel and direct to next operation. Conduct any testing if needed.
- Operate tapewrap and sintering lines – load correct tapes and maintain tensions on both taping heads. Run sintering line using print wheels and heating ovens. Work closely with process engineers to develop and improve running conditions.
- Detect and report any unusual conditions. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and proper condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed. Observe safety regulations.
High School diploma or GED and basic math skills required. Be a team player, enjoy detailed work and willing to learn!
Position requires knowledge of ordinary arithmetic, including decimals and fractions, together with use of micrometer. Position requires good use of judgment, moderate physical effort consisting of frequently moving or lifting average weight and materials, and continuous mental and visual attention to repetitive works, requiring constant alertness on activity. Working conditions will expose employee to shop noises, cold, fumes, dust, etc.
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life, AD&D and Disability
- PTO and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5 day work week, voluntary Overtime, Overtime after 8 hours/day or more than 40 hours per week
To learn more about us, please visit https://sumitomoelectric.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Judd Wire, Inc.
AddressTurners Falls, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Judd Wire, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?