Technical Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Jubilee Association of Maryland provides support for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities to live in and enrich their community while fulfilling their own personal, family, social, and spiritual needs. Our office is in Kensington, Maryland, just north of Washington, D.C.
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) provides Tier One and Two & Helpdesk IT support to over 100 computers throughout Montgomery County and is supervised by the IT Manager. The TSS should be knowledgeable and remain current on the various applications used within Jubilee. Jubilee uses Windows 10 OS and Microsoft 365. The TSS will need to have some flexibility and be able to respond to helpdesk requests 5 days a week, including some evening and weekend availability.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Receive, prioritize, and respond to IT helpdesk requests in an efficient way
- Complete Assigned IT Tickets
- Collaborate with other employees to research and resolve problems
- Support and maintain multi-function printers
- Provide training for staff in basic computer use and in-depth use of agency applications
- Participate in meetings with monthly or as needed for higher-level support
- Manage and maintain the agency network
- Maintain knowledge of technological innovations and trends
- Familiarity with database design concepts and RDBMS fundamentals
- Able to effectively learn and apply new concepts and best practices
- Maintain HIPAA compliance as it relates to technology
Qualifications and Skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of IT principles and an ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to respectfully work with and train end-users on technical procedures is required
- Field-related associate degree or field related certificates and 3 years of experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft 365
- Extensive application support experience
- Experience with PowerShell and Batch File scripting preferred
- Experience with Exchange Online and Azure Active Directory preferred
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Driver’s license required
- Jubilee requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Candidates should live within commuting distance of our Kensington, MD office. The TSS will drive to locations throughout Montgomery County on a frequent basis.
Pay and Benefits: $60K and very competitive benefits, including health/dental/life/disability insurance, 4 weeks vacation, 6 weeks paid parental leave, student loan assistance, $1000 annual staff development fund, and much more.
About Jubilee. Jubilee was started by Hyattsville Mennonite Church in 1978 as part of the movement to bring people with intellectual disabilities out of segregated institutions and into the community. Since then, Jubilee has grown to be a leader in person-centered disability services, currently supporting more than 140 people who are included in their communities across Montgomery County, Maryland. The organization has a staff of 350 and an annual budget of more than $20 million. Through partnerships, innovation, and attentive care, Jubilee is a leader in providing the highest quality services and helping its clients demonstrate the power of inclusion. Learn more at www.jubileemd.org.
Jubilee Association of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, physical characteristics, genetic information, physical characteristics, veteran status, or religion.
Powered by JazzHR
Jubilee Association of Maryland
TechnologyView all jobs at Jubilee Association of Maryland
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?