Jr. Davis Construction Project Engineers work in conjunction with the Project Manager and project team to drive and coordinate the various processes of site development construction projects. The Project Engineer is responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule by managing submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials and maintaining schedules and budgets.
- § Participate in pre-construction activities and establish good document control procedures
- § Coordinate project start-up by reviewing owner contracts, assist with subcontractor and vendor selections and identify critical issues and milestones.
- § Assist with creating and maintaining construction project schedules
- § Coordinate construction activities with field supervision, subcontractors, suppliers, owners and the design team.
- § Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and representing them in the field
- § Monitor compliance to different municipality’s specifications and standards
- § Track project costs by processing owner, subcontractor and vendor pay requests.
- § Create and maintain change order requests by reviewing scope changes, determining schedule impacts, issue owner notification, expedite subcontractor and vendor pricing, prepare cost proposals, and negotiate proposal costs.
- § Manage project closeout by compiling as-built drawings and deliver closeout documents to necessary recipients.
- § Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent years of experience required
- § Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications
- § Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- § Creative problem solving
- § Ability to work in a team oriented office and field environment
- § Develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and subcontractors
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.