Say Hello to Working on the Bright Side
We are Jovia Financial Credit Union (Formerly NEFCU). Jovia connects us to the friendliness and ease of doing business with us as well as captures the spirit and energy of our dynamic, fast growing culture. The name evokes a way of joy, a feeling of optimism, trust and “banking on the bright side”.
Now with more than 3 billion in assets, 200,000 members, and 450+ employees, we attract the best and the brightest talent-- who do the right thing, present a can-do spirit in a culture of fun, fulfillment, advancement and development. Find your joy here, every day.
We give you:
- Competitive compensation with paid training
- Open communication and an amazingly positive staff
- Managers who value input from their employees—we believe in you!
- A friendly, inviting work environment
- Work that feels like a second home with family events hosted by Jovia!
- Leaders who are involved, transparent and coach you
- Professional development and a perfect atmosphere for learning
- Fun social activities to nurture creativity and teamwork
- Business casual dress with annual corporate gear allowance!
- Great benefits – Med/Dent/401K/pension, and tuition reimbursement and more (Full Time employees)
- School Loan Repayment & Gym Reimbursement (Full Time employees). New in 2020!
- Lots of growth and advancement potential
- A CEO with brilliant vision and aspiration
Want to know why we’re so happy? Click here to learn and meet our CEO!
What you will be doing:
- Build Jovia’s Residential Mortgage Loan Portfolio according to the Credit Union’s vision and goals by providing high touch, high quality service to inquiring members.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Credit Union's Residential Mortgage Product menu by being a subject matter expert and translate that knowledge into easily understanding information to be shared internally and externally with fellow employees and members. Ensure that members are placed in the ‘product’ that is right for their financial situation.
- Assist in managing the mortgage pipeline by maintaining a complete understanding of policy, procedure and workflow. Ensure that members with applications in processes are fully aware of their application status at all times.
- Partner with local area Real Estate Brokers and other COI’s to establish lending opportunity referral scenarios; manage relationships by participating in Open Houses, Informational Meetings, Seminars (First Time Homebuyer for example) and Webinars.
What we need from you:
- Associates degree preferred along with a minimum of five years of experience in real estate lending ideally in a sales capacity is preferred.
- Experience should include knowledge of Fannie Mae DU, pricing and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent should be detail oriented, have an aptitude for figures, function with minimum supervision, have a positive attitude, be results driven, and impart a team player mentality.
- A pipeline as well as marketplace contacts such as real estate brokers and COI’s are necessary.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Employee must meet and maintain all requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
Be part of a growing not-for-profit organization where People are Everything—You are important to us. Help our members meet their financial goals and achieve their dreams. Let’s talk!
At Jovia, we celebrate innovation, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to recruit, retain, and reward top talent. We would like to be your partner in success and happiness!