Say Hello to Working on the Bright Side
We are Jovia Financial Credit Union (Formerly NEFCU). Jovia connects us to the friendliness and ease of doing business with us as well as captures the spirit and energy of our dynamic, fast growing culture. The name evokes a way of joy, a feeling of optimism, trust and “banking on the bright side”.
Now with more than 3 billion in assets, 200,000 members, and 450+ employees, we attract the best and the brightest talent-- who do the right thing, present a can-do spirit in a culture of fun, fulfillment, advancement and development. Find your joy here, every day.
We give you:
- Competitive compensation with paid training
- Open communication and an amazingly positive staff
- Managers who value input from their employees—we believe in you!
- A friendly, inviting work environment
- Work that feels like a second home with family events hosted by Jovia!
- Leaders who are involved, transparent and coach you
- Professional development and a perfect atmosphere for learning
- Fun social activities to nurture creativity and teamwork
- Business casual dress with annual corporate gear allowance!
- Great benefits – Med/Dent/401K/pension, and tuition reimbursement and more (Full Time employees)
- School Loan Repayment & Gym Reimbursement (Full Time employees). New in 2020!
- Lots of growth and advancement potential
- A CEO with brilliant vision and aspiration
Want to know why we’re so happy? Click here to learn and meet our CEO!
What you will be doing:
Ensure that mortgage applications are underwritten according to Jovia's policy and procedure as well as GSE and other third party guidelines by keeping abreast with industry related changes.
Document and recommend exceptions to management and update applicable conversation or processing log with respect to research, conversations or other communications regarding the loan file.
- Must be well versed and be able to interpret federal tax returns (personal and business) along with analyzing the various means that income is reported (pay stubs, award letters, 1099 forms, etc.).
- Must have a solid understanding in the review, analysis and evaluation of title reports, flood certifications and appraisals.Ability to recognize system problems with files and develop creative methods to find ways to meet member’s borrowing needs by taking pro-active steps in resolving correcting situations or elevating to the proper individuals.
- Must be well versed in all Federal Regulations including, but not limited to: Fair Lending, Reg Z and RESPA requirements.
What we need from you:
Associates Degree preferred along with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a residential first mortgage environment.
Well versed in GSE and other third party guidelines and working knowledge of related underwriting tools is required.
Detail oriented, analytical skills, aptitude for figures, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), function with minimum supervision, possess a positive attitude, and impart a team player mentality.
Employee must meet and maintain all requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
Be part of a growing not-for-profit organization where People are Everything—You are important to us. Help our members meet their financial goals and achieve their dreams. Let’s talk!
At Jovia, we celebrate innovation, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to recruit, retain, and reward top talent. We would like to be your partner in success and happiness!