Say Hello to Working on the Bright Side
We are Jovia Financial Credit Union (Formerly NEFCU). Our name evokes a way of joy, a feeling of optimism, trust and “banking on the bright side”. We are a new kind of credit union, one that combines service and value with the convenience that today’s technologies allow. Our friendliness and energetic spirit make it easy to do business with us. At Jovia, our dynamic, fast growing culture awaits- come see for yourself.
Now with more than 3 billion in assets, 200,000 members, and 450+ employees, we attract the best and the brightest talent-- who do the right thing, present a can-do spirit in a culture of fun, fulfilment, advancement and development. Find your joy here, every day.
We give you:
- Competitive compensation with paid training
- Open communication and an amazingly positive staff
- Managers who value input from their employees—we believe in you!
- A friendly, inviting work environment
- Work that feels like a second home with family events hosted by Jovia!
- Leaders who are involved, transparent and coach you
- Professional development and a perfect atmosphere for learning
- Fun social activities to nurture creativity and teamwork
- Great benefits – Med/Dent/401K/pension, and tuition reimbursement and more (Full Time employees)
- New in 2020! School Loan Repayment & Gym Reimbursement! (Full Time employees)
- Lots of growth and advancement potential
- A CEO with brilliant vision and aspiration
Want to know why we’re so happy? Click here to learn and meet our CEO!
What you will be doing:
- Input home equity or first mortgage applications on the appropriate origination system and order all necessary documents to start processing and satisfy compliance requirements.
- Update appropriate systems as loan information and documents are received from members.
- In the case of First Mortgage Applications the following steps may need to be executed:
- Download/upload the application
- Seek and obtain from Members the application and appraisal fees
- Order GSE or other third-party underwriting results and Credit Report
- Include in files any documentation obtained from the members or through the system
- Distribute files to other processors and assist them regarding follow up and further investigation.
- Responsible for reconciling and maintaining assigned general ledger accounts
- Setting up and fund loans on applicable host systems upon receipt of closing documents from members, branches or attorneys depending upon the product requested by the member when needed.
- Call members to follow-up for missing documents including but not limited to insurance and verification of income and assets or ‘gift funds.’
What we need from you:
Associates Degree preferred along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a real estate related position or field.
Experience in data entry is a must and the incumbent must be computer literate, have aptitude for figures and be comfortable in discussing calculations and ratios.
He/She must have the ability to ensure a high quality of work product. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
A working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is necessary.
Employee must meet and maintain all requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
Be part of a growing not-for-profit organization where People are Everything—You are important to us. Help our members meet their financial goals and achieve their dreams. Let’s talk!
At Jovia, we celebrate innovation, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to recruit, retain, and reward top talent. We would like to be your partner in success and happiness!
Jovia Financial Credit UnionPeople are everything at Jovia. We see you every day, we know you and we want to make you feel welcome and important because you are important to us.