Intake Specialist/Therapist (P-LPC, LPCI, LMSW, LPCMH)
- Posted: over a month ago
JTL is seeking qualified licensed mental health professionals to join the JTL team to Conduct Assessments and provide Outpatient Therapist (OPT) to a diversified population within the Metro Houston Area.
JTL is an outpatient therapeutic child/adolescent, adult, family, and community program. Services are designed to address and strengthen the emotional, developmental, educational, and social needs of those referred to us. We provide services in-home and throughout the community within the metro Houston area. Therapeutic components are customized to meet the needs of each individual and/or family. JTL supports and strengthens the family unit by enabling it to become an effective support system for its individual members while promoting its ability to interface productively within the community.
Primarily responsible for conducting assessments/intakes for children/adolescents and adults in the home, school, or community. This position requires working flexible hours according to the availability of our clients (which includes some evenings and weekends). The employee will set the hours and schedule. The hired employee will get a start-up caseload to start with immediately.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in psychology, social work, counseling (with a clinical specialty in the social services field) or another related field.
- Two or more years of experience working in community mental health is preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
License / Certification / Registrations:
- State of Texas Licensure in Mental Health or Social Work (Individual must have a provisional license: P-LPC, LPCI, LMSW, LPCMH)
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage, and have access to an automobile.
- Knowledge community-based/ mental health experience providing services through an outreach approach (CORE).
- Knowledge of various mental health and related illnesses methods of treatment.
- Understanding of professional practices and techniques of individual, brief, group, family therapy.
- Ability to diagnose mental health and associated illnesses, develop and implement treatment plans.
- Recognizes and is sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to change in work or client assignment.
- Ability to demonstrate some skill in crisis intervention situations.
- Ability to work with a diversified community population
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops initial and ongoing behavioral health assessments and reassessments for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans safety/crisis intervention plan for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Submit completed assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes electronically within 48 hours of the assessment or any other documentation needed to approve client services as required by reimbursement standards and the policies and procedures manual to Program Director.
- Coordinating and scheduling all intake appointments
- Develops an annual Confirmed Diagnosis.
- Determining the client’s psychiatric diagnosis based on diagnostic criteria from DSM-IV and DSM-5.
- Provides crisis intervention, by establishing a safety/crisis plan.
- Provide referral recommendations based on an individual's needs.
- Explains the policies and procedures for core services as well as explain the legal documentation.
- Reviews all legal documentation with individual served and ensured that the individual or legal guardian sign all documentation.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the position identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $19.00 per hour
Powered by JazzHR
Journey Through Life
HealthcareView all jobs at Journey Through Life