Journey Group Sioux Falls, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*This position is located in Sioux Falls, SD*
Journey Construction seeks a Project Manager to join our team of landmark builders and be part of the continuous growth that has spread our reputation and business throughout the Midwest.
We work hard to ensure that you, as an employee, are safe, valued, and fulfilling a role in something more than a construction project. The Project Manager will uphold our commitment to building community by overseeing projects from preconstruction to the finished structure and collaborating with both customers and construction professionals.
The ideal Project Manager plans all phases of commercial construction projects in a timely and cost-effective manner, including risk management, quality, and safety. The position is responsible for estimating, budgeting, organizing, scheduling and implementing all assigned projects. The Project Manager can lead a team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous building construction environment consistent with management philosophy and framework.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations, including planning, scheduling, estimating and budgeting.
- Collaborate with the architect and construction team to ensure feasibility of each project.
- Work with the customer from the start of each project to ensure project scope and vision are understood and implemented.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates and deliverables.
- Review projects daily to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Assist in establishing new accounts by providing estimates and participating in proposals and interviews.
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Promotes the vision and core values of Journey Group
Education and Experience
Excellent leadership qualities that allow them to take ownership and management of a project from beginning to end. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management or related field of study, plus three to five years of managing small to mid-size commercial construction projects (this experience can be field or office related management); or equivalent of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment is required. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as construction plans, blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets. Experience managing budgets for construction projects is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, establish credibility and influence others.
- Effectively communicate; generate professional written material and deliver valuable verbal presentations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong Customer focus and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and presentation skills for frequent contact with clients and co-workers.
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Mature leader who maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, integrity and social/cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess a valid state issued driver's license and evidence of insurability
- Knowledge of general safe work practices
- Efficient use of Microsoft office product and computer-based maintenance systems
- Manage change, embraces new ideas, team player, disagrees constructively
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life and AD & D Insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
- Bonus Potential
If you enjoy managing the day to day needs of building projects to completion, then this could be the position for you!
Journey Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities
4500 W 58th St Sioux FallsSioux Falls, SD
ConstructionView all jobs at Journey Group