Journey Group Sioux Falls, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
Journey Construction specializes in construction management and the building of medical, higher education, commercial buildings and more. We serve clients in a five-state region: South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota. But we are so much more than that. We know we are fortunate to live, work and raise our families in these communities. That's why we've made culture and community support a central tenet of our company. We take care of our employees so they in turn can enhance our communities and their own families.
Journey Construction has an outstanding opportunity for a Project Engineer to help lead projects as we continue to build community. The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager and Field Superintendent in the daily operation of a construction project. They are a member of a team that works injury-free/incident free in a construction environment consistent with the Journey Group management philosophy and framework. The Project Engineer works in conjunction with other team members to drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting environmental, health, & safety compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager with project procurement, project management functions, and field layout
- Assists with preconstruction activities as needed, including project takeoff, organization of site facilities, and preliminary schedules.
- Responsible for coordination of all project documents to ensure Superintendent has all information for the project in a timely and organized manner.
- Coordinate and distribution of all updates and changes to plans and specifications, including supplemental design information such as Architects Supplemental Instructions (ASI's) and Requests for Proposal (RFP's).
- Assists Project Superintendent, Project Manager, and Safety Director to ensure all safety requirements are followed and documented.
- Prepares project schedules under the direction of the Project Manager and Project Superintendent, including CPM master schedules, procurement schedules, submittals schedules, and short-interval (3-week look-ahead) schedules
- Responsible for submittals process and Request for Information (RFI) Process
- Prepares meeting minutes for site coordination meetings, including owner meetings, designer meetings, and subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Creates correspondence to owners, contractors, subcontractors, designers, etc.
- Manages site photo documentation, including jobsite photography, drone footage, and 360-degree images.
- Assists in project closeout activities, including As-Builts, O&M manuals, final inspections, and commissioning
- Must be able and willing to create and maintain a good working relationship with all employees within the team
- Promote the vision and core values of Journey Group
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field of study. At least two (2) years of related experience; or the equivalent of education and experience to meet the essential functions of the position.
Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment is required. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as construction plans, blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicate through professionally written material and verbal presentations
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and presentation skills for contact with clients and co-workers.
- Highly developed problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Mature leader who maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, integrity and social/cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess a valid state issued driver's license and evidence of insurability
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of general safe work practices
- Proficient with electronic and mobile information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and scheduling software
- Manage change, embraces new ideas, team player, disagrees constructively
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- 401k with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
If you enjoy managing the day-to-day needs of these building projects, then we'd love to have you on our team! Please submit your resume below, or stop in to fill out an application at:
4500 W 58th Street
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Journey Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSioux Falls, SD
TechnologyView all jobs at Journey Group