We’re looking for a Solar PV Designer and Estimator to help out with commercial and utility scale solar PV systems in our Pre-Construction Department!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design Work
- Drafting in AutoCAD, electrical design, and working with engineering groups
- Working with partners and our development team to put together preliminary layouts and one-lines
- Collaborating with engineers and our operations team to put together final design packages and field installation documents
- Estimation Work
- Working with clients, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers and suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects
- Analyzing construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years experience using AutoCAD
- At least a 4 year degree in a technical field (Architecture, Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Creative problem solving and complex critical thinking ability
- Social intelligence and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in an open office structure with a team environment, while keeping priorities in focus
- Aptitude for learning new software quickly
- Experience developing processes and managing projects
- Previous work creating Construction Documents and Field Installation Guides
- Experience reading equipment spec sheets and electrical line diagrams
Ultimately we are looking for a creative thinker than can learn quickly. We would love someone with solar or construction experience, but the ability to jump into AutoCAD and start helping with construction documents is our first priority.
Work hours will be flexible, generally between 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Occasional work or travel after hours and/or on weekends.
The Solar PV Designer & Estimator will work directly with the Director of Pre-Construction.
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat, and hard working. You will receive hands on experience in Solar PV Design in a meaningful way to Joule. We operate with a “triple bottom line” philosophy, meaning you don’t have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Volunteer community service opportunities
- On-the- job training
- Learning focused environment
- Professional development