- this is a 6 month contract position ( Gen Med, Oncology options available)
The Senior Clinical Research Associate II (SCRA II) will perform monitoring and site management activities for Phase I-IV clinical research projects to assess the progress of clinical projects at assigned investigative/physician sites (either on site or remotely) and to ensure clinical projects are conducted, recorded, and reported in accordance with the protocol, Company and Sponsor standard operating procedures (SOPs), ICH-GCP, and all applicable local and federal regulatory requirements. Performs all tasks routinely and independently. Mentors and/or trains, as well as may assume line management responsibilities for less experienced employees. May assume clinical functional leadership tasks as assigned, acting as Lead CRA for a project.
· Performs site qualification, site initiation, interim monitoring, site management and close-out visits (performed on-site or remotely) ensuring regulatory, ICH-GCP and/or Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practices (GPP) and protocol compliance. Uses judgment and experience to evaluate overall performance of site and site staff and to provide recommendations regarding site-specific actions; immediately communicates/escalates serious issues to the project team and develops action plans. Maintains a working knowledge of ICH/GCP Guidelines or other applicable guidance, relevant regulations, and company SOPs/processes.
· Verifies the process of obtaining informed consent has been adequately performed and documented for each subject/patient as required/appropriate. Demonstrates diligence in protecting the confidentiality of each subject/patient. Assesses factors that might affect subject/patient’s safety and clinical data integrity at an investigator/physician site such as protocol deviation/violations and pharmacovigilance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or RN in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Must demonstrate good computer skills and be able to embrace new technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Moderate level of critical thinking skills expected.
- Ability to manage required travel of up to 75% on a regular basis
Joule Clinical (formerly Syneos Health Clinical Staffing)Joule, a SystemOne division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.