This is a renewable 6 month contract for a Data Planning Specialist. Medical and dental benefits are available.
Selected candidate must work office based in S. San Francisco, CA
- Client JO#: 10456105
- Title of Position: Data Planning Specialist
- Location: South San Francisco, CA
- # of position openings: 1
- Contract Length: 6 mos – potential to renew
- Target Start Date: 6/22/2020
Development Sciences (DevSci) Informatics is seeking a talented Data Planning Specialist Contractor to contribute to scientific data management efforts. The candidate will contribute to data planning efforts as a member of the data management team, in order to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with exploratory biomarker data managers, scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
Development Sciences is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in COMPANY Research and Early Development development of products at COMPANY. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Communication (written, sometimes in meetings) with scientists, operations managers, data curators, IT and external business partners to fulfill data transfer requests.
- Drafting data transfer specification documents, in collaboration with data curators.
- Working with data management colleagues to distribute data transfer requests, monitor processing queues, and record details associated with planning requests.
- Working with scientists and informatics colleagues to inventory, store and catalog available biomarker data for prioritized projects and studies.
- Registering metadata about biomarker data assets in internal systems and databases.
- Maintaining content of internal knowledge sharing and documentation repositories for team processes.
- Management of permissions and access for data stored on internal file systems.
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology assays and associated data types
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Administrative or project management experience in research or product development settings
- Experience interacting with scientific stakeholders
- Careful, detail-oriented working style, as evidenced by job responsibilities in prior roles
- Initiative in identifying and suggesting process improvements
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
Experience with the following is desired:
- Project management or business analysis experience
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Relational databases and SQL
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS
- Clinical trial data management or experience in the biotech industry
- Working with genomics datasets
Bachelor's degree in a life science field with at least three years of experience working in a project coordinator or administrative role.