Position: Scientific Data Analyst
We are looking to build a team of Data Management and Analysis contractors to support research studies for a national health agency.
These are contract positions that could extend 12 months or longer.
Selected candidates will need to be local to Atlanta, GA to work office-based. Candidates within a 2 hour drive or flight from Atlanta who can work remote-based will also be considered.
Data Analysis and Management in support of several teams within the Epi Task Force which require elevated levels of support for critical epidemiological activities. The contractor shall provide additional support for performance of research studies of respiratory infection, provide coordination, programmatic, and logistical support, and perform data analysis and management. Data management is needed both at experienced and more junior levels.
Specific activities include:
1. Support study planning, protocol development, and study logistics, possibly including developing and keeping task trackers, protocol organization, organization of study documents (e.g. SOPs, forms, reports, etc.), and preparing study-related materials and overviews. Monitor data submissions from research study partners. The contractor shall complete or assist with analysis of epidemiological studies. All data files for analysis shall be delivered to the COR and/or program designee (e.g. project managers and other researchers).
2. Provide data cleaning and management support for research studies and surveillance platforms. Contribute to production of study/surveillance summaries or manuscripts for publication.
3. The contractor shall ensure the security and confidentiality of analytical data files and provide data file documentation describing the scientific data source.
4. Coordinating or participating in routine study or surveillance meetings, possibly including taking study minutes and preparing materials on study progress.
5. The contractor shall manage epidemiological and laboratory data by using SAS or equivalent statistical package (e.g. R) as well as other data management software packages (e.g. R, REDCap, Microsoft Access, Excel, EpiInfo, STATA, etc.). The contractor will be required to conduct analyses including frequencies, longitudinal data analysis, and univariate and multivariate modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, and survival analysis.
6. The contractor shall perform data quality assurance activities, including identifying and resolving any inconsistencies in data flow, data outside legitimate ranges, and illogical data responses by developing data quality reports and investigation and resolution of data anomalies or errors by using a combination of software packages including SAS or R, MS Access and Excel, and other software (e.g. REDCap) as warranted.
7. The contractor shall convert existing datasets from a diverse array of file formats (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, and ASCII files) into SAS datasets. Additionally, the contractor shall be able to manage data stored in a variety of file formats such as SAS datasets, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL, and ASCII files. The contractor shall be able to manipulate and transform data that are stored in a variety of file formats
8. The contractor shall utilize, and be capable of fundamental programming SAS, R, SUDAAN, STATA or other statistical software for Epidemiological analysis and survey data analysis.
9. Explore the use of data visualization platforms (e.g. R, Power BI, mapping software) to quickly summarize study findings. Support data visualization activities (both for hypothesis generation and to share data with the response). Develop communication materials such as data sets, slide sets and summary reports.
10. Perform daily/weekly data runs and create daily/weekly reports. Trouble shoot issues with daily/weekly data runs. Work on ongoing basis to improve and automate code. Conducts weekly data cleaning and generate weekly error reports. Database management and upkeep as well as complete ad hoc data requests.
Joulé Clinical StaffingJoule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.