Christian based Family Practice located in South Omaha, has an * immediate* need for a full-time, BILINGUAL Medical Assistant to join our practice. If you are eager and willing to learn, this position will be cross trained to perform duties above and beyond that of a traditional CNA.
The right candidate must be bilingual in Spanish, strongly focused on patient care and must also be a team-player that is able to problem solve independently while maintaining our high patient care standards. Must be able to multi-task in a face-paced atmosphere, display exceptional organizational skills as well as a great attention to detail.
If you have your certification, are self-motivated and are eager to provide high quality patient care in a team environment, we would love to hear from you!
- Reports to both nurse manager and providers
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of physician or physician assistant
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms, escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or physician assistant
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and physician assistants
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Medical Translation
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff and patients; must be able to communicate effectively with patients by providing patient education, giving verbal instructions, discussing medications, answering patient questions, etc.
- Greeting patients and visitors in a respectful and inviting attitude
Will be trained on the following:
- All other duties as assigned
Candidate must have a working knowledge of:
- MUST be Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) (Medical translation)
- Healthcare field and medical specialty
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of and ability to efficiently navigate within an EMR/EHR system.
- Exceptional customer service and demonstrated phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- The ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections
- 1 - 2-years of experience working in a physician’s clinic/office
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced envirnoment
- Customer Service both face-to-face and over the phone
- Organized and keen Attention to Detail
- Computer savvy; Microsoft Word, Excel, EHR systems, data entry, etc.
- High School diploma
- Some college level courses and/or equivalent work experience
- Requires a successful completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program/School (Medical assistant certification)
Certification required upon hire if applicable
Joshua Medical Centers
Why Work Here?http://www.joshuamedicalcenters.com/
Joshua Medical Centers provides quality patient care in a welcoming atmosphere.