Bend, Oregon CPA seeking Tax Preparer for full-time or part-time position this tax season.
My tax practice is growing rapidly as we move towards the goal of being the #1 CPA choice for new small businesses in Central Oregon. I'm looking for someone who wants to help individuals, freelancers, and new small business owners get their taxes done right, and on-time.
This could be a great fit if you’re looking for some work/life balance, or are disillusioned with working in a “big 4” accounting environment, and you want to help solve problems for real people in the Bend area.
If you love burning yourself out working 80+ hour weeks so Fortune 500 companies can lower their tax rates ever-closer to 0%, or you think that it’s clever to lie and make stuff up on tax returns, that’s not what we do here.
The right candidate will need to:
- Prepare and review individual tax returns, and possibly work on partnership, S corp, and C Corp tax returns.
- Follow Policies & Procedures for preparing tax returns.
- Identify which customers would benefit most from additional tax planning.
- Communicate effectively verbally (phone and in-person), and in writing (email, office chat).
- Experience preparing individual tax returns (Form 1040).
- Good computer skills/ability to master new software quickly.
- Comfort using a paperless workflow.
- Holders of the following licenses are preferred (Let me know if you’re working towards any of these if you don’t hold a license yet): Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent, Licensed Tax Consultant, and Licensed Tax Preparer.
- That elusive work-life balance: No forced overtime.
- Flexible scheduling opportunities.
- A fair hourly rate.
- Input towards which benefits should be added as we continue building out our team and compensation packages.