Wanted: Part Time Administrative Assistant-Downtown Bend CPA Office
We're helping the underdogs, new small business owners, make effective decisions about their income taxes so they can keep the IRS satisfied and focus on growing their businesses.
Seeking a part-time administrative assistant to work with our existing assistant to help us respond to customer questions in a timely manner and to keep our workflow moving forward efficiently.
Approximately 20 hours per week through April (tax season) and then we'll take a look at what level of coverage makes sense going forward. A typical tax-season work schedule would be:
- Mondays: 10am-4pm
- Tuesdays: 1pm-4pm
- Wednesdays: 12pm-4pm
- Thursdays: Off
- Fridays: 10am-4pm
If you can't work that schedule, you can stop reading now and move on to other opportunities.
You could be a good fit for this position if:
- You’re looking for a way to use your awesome organizational skills to help people in your community.
- You like people and have empathy (you understand people’s feelings) as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re comfortable using a computer for work, doing internet research, sending emails, updating basic spreadsheets, learning to use a few new computer programs, etc.
You can expect to spend a good amount of time doing things like:
- Answering emails and phone calls from clients.
- Coordinating meetings.
- Scanning documents and filing.
- Making sure clients are prepared for their appointments, and setting up new clients in our computer system.
- Organizing the office to help clients feel comfortable when they arrive.
Reasons to NOT Apply for this Position:
- You have a general dislike of people, or helping them solve problems.
- You’re really looking for a full-time job.
- You want to become a CPA, and you just want to get your foot in the door somewhere.
- You don’t have a reliable way of getting to work.
- The thought of working in a small, relatively quiet office freaks you out.
- You can’t stand following directions or repetitive tasks and procedures.