WE NEED THE BEST MANAGERS WITH FOOD, PEOPLE, AND MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE IN THESE DEPARTMENTS:
o Wine and Cheese
o Kitchen Chef-Manager
o Front End Manager
o Catering Manager
o Seafood Manager
o Deli Assistant Manager
Our Managers are key players in our success as they coach their teams to excellence. Here is an illustrative job description that is generic, in that it encompasses managers duties in any of our departments:
Reporting to the Store General Manager, this departmental management position has the important responsibility of managing both the product lines and the people of a specific department, in order to provide excellent quality meal items that will delight our customers, as well as leaving customers happy they came to Joseph’s.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follow all safety practices and policies. Ensure work areas are free of hazards that could cause workplace accidents.
2. Arrive at all shifts, meetings and training on-time and work scheduled hours.
3. Regularly perform store cleaning and maintain cleanliness to required standards.
4. Affect and maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly collaborative, and
performance-centric work environment; and set the tone to staff by doing this.
1. Exceed expectations of internal and external customers for service and provide a welcoming environment for all in accordance with Joseph’s customer service standards.
a. Ability to deal with difficult or emotional customer situations.
b. Anticipate customer needs.
c. Promptly respond to requests for service and assistance.
2. Treat all customers and co-workers fairly, consistently and with respect
1. Supervise selection, receipt, pricing, preparation and promotion of designated products to achieve goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, and labor expense in compliance with Joseph’s policies and procedures for established practices for safety, sanitation and customer service.
2. Hire, schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate department employees in compliance with established practices and budget restrictions to achieve department goals.
3. Ensure cleanliness of department shelving, appliances, refrigeration equipment, prep areas, storage areas and display areas in compliance with established practices and communicate to Store General Manager.
4. Document any equipment maintenance or safety concerns and incorporate any equipment and safety needs into budget requests or allocations.
5. Control performance of staff through task and behavior coaching, and document disciplinary or work quality issues in a way that both protects the company and moves the person beyond those issues.
6. Affect and maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly collaborative, and performance-centric work environment; and set the tone to staff by doing this.
7. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Management of all staff in assigned department.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· Associates or Bachelor's degree (e.g. Business Administration, Management, Hospitality) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
· Five years of prior related experience in a similar role strongly preferred.
· Grocery department management experience highly preferred.
· Food prep experience a plus.
.Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Five Specific Competencies
Sets challenging goals, tracks progress towards them, solves performance problems, and demonstrates urgency and drive towards achieving them.
Management of staff
Focuses and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives; rewards and recognizes others, both formally and informally, in ways that motivate them. Sets high performance expectations for team members; sets clear performance expectations and objectives; holds others accountable for achieving results. Successfully finds resources, training, tools, etc. to support staff needs. Works with staff to create developmental opportunities to expand knowledge and skill level; provides effective feedback and guidance for career development.
Clearly and respectfully conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Decision Making/Problem Solving
Breaks down problems into components and recognizes interrelationships; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Being aware of, and managing, conditions and circumstances that affect one’s own safety or the safety of direct reports.
Other Requirements (skills, abilities, behaviors)
Must have a philosophy that is consistent with making customers and employees feel happy to be here. Vision, commitment, and experience in achieving measurable goals and pursuing excellence is critical. Strong organizational and people skills. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to read, write and speak in English for communication purposes.