Project Engineer (Structural/Building Envelope)
Joseph B. Callaghan, Inc. – Philadelphia, PA
ABOUT JOSEPH B. CALLAGHAN, INC.
Joseph B. Callaghan, Inc. (JBCI), established in 1967, has been providing professional consulting
structural and investigative services in Philadelphia and New Jersey for over fifty years with focus on
building envelopes and façade restoration. Primary clients include university campuses, healthcare
facilities, and residential property managers. We have experienced continued success and steady
growth by ensuring quality service, consistent company leadership, and retention of employees.
JBCI is STABLE: We were founded over 50 years ago with average staff tenure of 18 years.
JBCI is SPECIALIZED: 75% of work involves structural investigation and assessment of existing structures.
JBCI is DIVERSE: 30% of our engineering staff is female. Industry average is 8%.
Our corporate policy is for each employee to be involved in all aspects of a project, from inception to
completion. We believe this creates well rounded engineers and gives them the confidence to handle
the complexities of our industry. Please visit our website at jbciengineers.com and social media
@jbciengineers to explore some current/completed projects and company culture.
Position Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Supervision: Report to Project Manager
We are currently in search of an individual to fill the position of Project Engineer (entry level). A Project
Engineer’s primary responsibility is to support projects under the direction of Project Managers. Duties
include surveying, inspections, design, drafting, client relations, and construction administration
The successful candidate meets the following requirements:
- BS Civil Engineering (Structural) or related degree, MS a plus
- Engineer in Training (EIT) is beneficial
- 0 to 2 years in the engineering field. Experience highly desirable.
- Familiarity with structural engineering software (AutoCAD 2014-2016 & Revit)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Excel
- Wiling to ride construction swings, climb scaffold, and tolerate heights
- Self-motivated, creative, and efficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Must not have a problem with heights - our engineers ride swing scaffolding and hi-reach
- We have a drone team and we are looking to expand this with interested employees.
- We also allow our engineers to develop other skills and desires such as rope access certification courses, social media development, business development, and to learn about the operations of a business. We empower our people and use all candidates to their strengths. Additional skills and qualifications are highly desirable.
JBCI’s benefits package is beyond competitive.
- 40 Hours Per Week Monday thru Friday. You will be compensated for any emergency situations outside of normal working hours. We value our people's time off and respect the 40 hour per week maximum.
- All engineers are salaried employees with a great bonus incentive program
- Fully Paid Employee Health & Dental Insurance (In Lieu of Insurance benefits also available)
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Sponsored Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care Available)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays Per Calendar Year
- Work/Life Balance & Paid Time Off
- Employer Matched 401k & Company Discretionary Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Certification/Licensure/Professional Organization Benefits
- Reimbursed Conference Travel - up to $1,500 per year
- Excellent Tuition Reimbursement Policy - up to $7,500 per year for graduate students
- Company Sponsored Voluntary Supplemental Benefit Options Available
- Social and team building outings throughout the year as well as management training - annual Phillies game, bowling event, winter & holiday social events, golf outings, and many more fun activities
- Office refreshments - Nice coffee refreshments, spreads of snacks, and many in office company lunches
- Flexible Work Hours