Sr. Database Engineer
Database Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Database Engineer who is proactive, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, a self-starter and is passionate about Engineering Database solutions.
This Alpharetta, Georgia based position involves managing the Data Warehouse platforms :- both on-premise and on cloud, including database design, query review and tuning, non-production support and related infrastructure and administration tasks for mission-critical databases in a fast-paced environment for brokerage, banking and related financial and other business/enterprise applications.
You will be a part of Database Design and Warehouse Engineering team within the Data Services Infrastructure Group and will require strong team interaction with Data Services staff/peers, other engineering and operations group members within the IT organization, as well as with application and business development teams.
This role will require both interpersonal and technical skills and this is an ideal opportunity not only to enhance your technical and leadership abilities but also to increase your knowledge of the middle/back office processing of a global financial institution. An ability to work with others, negotiate with clients, influence and provide technical direction at all levels is essential. Primary Responsibilities:
#Maintain the DB2 LUW Database platform from Infrastructure side.
#Design and implement strategies to migrate on-prem Database platforms to cloud.
#Make recommendations for new database technologies or options for existing databases.
#Build the foundation for a successful production deployment for new technologies.
#Work for the data warehouse team whose responsibilities are:
o Maintaining on-premise and cloud-based data warehouse platforms.
o Work with business and application developers to design, modify, and tune database schemas.oImplement and maintain the database design in development environment.
o Assist developers with complex query tuning in a high transaction volume, mission-critical data center environment.
o Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
o Maintain the data definition repository.
o Performance monitoring, change implementation, backup and recovery, privilege maintenance, user maintenance, new database setup, educating user base, troubleshooting user issues.
1. 3+ years of experience as DB2 LUW DBA.
2. 1+ years of experience using DB2 Data Partitioning Feature (DPF).
3. 3+ years of experience with Unix shell scripting.
4. 3+ years of hands-on Unix/Linux and systems administration skills as it relates to databases.
5. 3+ years of system trouble-shooting skills.6.Self-motivated, responsible and delivery focused.
Nice to Have:
1. Experience working with Database platforms such Hadoop, Snowflake, AWS, Azure.
2. Experience with Python.
3. Experience with AWS based data warehouse platforms and tools such as Lake Formation, S3, Redshift, RDS, Athena, Glue, Lambda, Secret Manager, VPC, Quicksight and SageMaker.
4. Experience with Terraform.5.General knowledge of OLAP databases.
6. Experience with file system, volume management, storage concepts (SAN).7.Database security experience.
8. Experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and building code repositories using Git and Bitbucket.
Jose MercilineAlpharetta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.