Data Network Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is part of the ET Data Network Engineering Team. The candidate's responsibilities will include Data architecture, engineering standards and creates best practice technical architecture models utilizing knowledge of the industry and technical trends. The candidate will be part of a team that will evaluate, design, and engineer an enterprise network solution using Switching, Routing, Wireless, Multicast, and Voice technologies. Responsible for overall design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for data networking products as necessary. The engineer will collaborate with the clients, other IT Infrastructure teams and Project Managers to identify and evaluate technical architecture and designs solutions to satisfy business requirements and performance objectives. The engineer will be able to demonstrate the technical experience in other technology areas not listed here and be able to learn and apply the new and emerging technologies such as IoT, Network Segmentations, Security Policies, WiFi6, Network Monitoring and Telemetry, Access Control, and Authentication. The engineer must have an experience in setting up the lab to evaluate and certify the networking products and technologies, execute Proof-of-Concept topology, develop Technical documentations and
The ideal candidate will have 10 years experience in network designing, troubleshooting supporting and implementing the following Data Networking
Products and technologies:
- IP Routing - BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, L2-VPNs, VxLAN, VRRRP, HSRP, NTP, PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, Anycast RP, Dot1x, (802.1x).
- IP Routing Platforms - ISRg2, ASR1K, ASR 9K, CRS-1/4/8.- Network Vendors - Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Aruba
- Switching Platforms - Catalyst 4500s, Catalyst 6500s/6800s, Nexus 3000, Nexus 9000 and other latest Cisco switching platforms.
- WAAS - Cisco Platforms, WCCP
- Wireless - Wireless LAN controllers, Cisco and Aruba product lines.
-CCIE or CCNP Certifications
-In-depth knowledge of Cisco and Arista network products
- IP Routing - BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, L2-VPNs.
- IP Routing Platforms - ISRg2, ASR1K, CRS-1/4/8, ASR 9k, CRS - X
- Switching Platforms - Arista 7K, Cisco 9K, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco 6800- WAAS ? Cisco Platforms, WCCP
- Arista and Cisco Low latency switches preferred
- VxLAN, Defense in Depth Ring Architecture, Network Security Concepts, Switching Technologies, Firewall Technologies
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?