Steward Shift Leader
- Posted: 8 days ago
- $22 to $25 Hourly
Poter Shift Leader $22- $25
José Andrés restaurants have always been centered around our original mission, Change the World through the Power of Food! From fast-casual to fine dining and everything in between, JAG’ers know they all play a critical role in the overall success of our brands.
We are looking for a full-time Porter Shift Leader to join our Team in our mission to Change the World through the Power of Food!
- Organizing shift schedules for team members
- Monitoring attendance, tardiness, and time off
- Assigning duties to specific employees based on role and skills
- Supervising employees and assisting with tasks as necessary
- Managing employee's requests and transgressions
- Training new and current team members on tasks
- Handling customer issues and managing conflicts
- Adhering to company policies and health, safety, and employment standards
- Operates dish machines and pot sinks to company and manufacturer specifications.
- Use proper detergent and sanitizer measurements in the dish machine and pot sinks.
- Ensures the Dish machine and pot sinks are well maintained and calibrated to comply with sanitation codes.
- Sweeps and mops floor.
- Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans.
- Removes all garbage and recyclables.
- Breaks down cleans, and sanitizes the dish machine, and pot sinks at the end of a shift.
- Keeps dishes and other storage areas clean and organized.
- Utilizes safe and sanitary procedures.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a Chef, Management, or Sous Chef at any time.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Pay with industry-leading benefits
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 50% off food at any of our restaurants
- Flexible Schedules
- Fun, Dynamic, Innovative atmosphere
- Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement opportunities
Skills & Conditions
- Must be able to speak and understand basic directions in English and Spanish.
- Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery, including dishwashers, slicers, ovens, stoves, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen-related equipment.
- Proper usage and handling of various chemicals.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Regular environmental exposures include very cold (-32 degrees), heat (+90 degrees), and water.
- Regular exposure to conditions could lead to minor injuries such as cuts and burns.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 80 lbs. regularly and consistently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally
Jose Andres Group restaurants span across America, including Miami, Orlando, Las Vegas, NYC, Chicago, and of course, Washington, DC. Soon Los Angeles and Dubai. Since 1993, our restaurants have reflected the authentic roots of each concept and showcased José's passion for telling the stories of a culture through food.
José Andrés Group
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?