Under Area Director supervision, provide administrative support to aid in implementing the strategic plan objectives. Administrative Coordinator will also provide administrative leadership, training, and oversight of area office administrative assistants.
- General Office Duties
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls and retrieve messages
- Greet and receive guests
- Create, update and distribute correspondence and ministry materials as instructed (ex. individual correspondence, event flyers, prayer calendars, mailings, etc.)
- Gather and submit quarterly statistics as needed
- Know, understand and follow the Accounting Guide and all Joni and Friends policies and practices
- Area Ministry accounts
- Use Quicken to document checking accounts (account payables) and petty cash transactions
- Reconcile bank statements
- Complete and submit timely, accurate area ministry monthly reports
- Staff expense and credit card reports- complete and submit timely, accurate staff expense reports
- Process and submit invoices and check requests
- Income Submission
- Know, understand and follow all instructions for submitting income via Raiser’s Edge
- Complete and submit income weekly
- Constituent Relations
- Enter weekly updates (notes, contact changes, actions, etc.) into Raiser’s Edge; maintain database accuracy; process returned mail
- Constituent thanking- each week using Raiser’s Edge Query, complete and mail thank you cards/letters. Work closely with local graphic designer for thank you note designs
- Use Raiser’s Edge Query and Reporting function to generate select mailing lists and constituent reports
- Assist with fundraising planning and events
- Assist with event planning, registration, name tags, packet preparation, execution and follow-up for events including Family Retreat, Walk N Roll, and other events as needed
- Oversee use of online systems for attendees for all events.
- Verify money paid with Raiser’s Edge system and follow-up with outstanding balances
- Travel required for Annual All Staff Conference in California, and on outreaches as requested
- Coordinate special projects specific to Area Ministry needs
- Orders and Product Inventory
- Maintain product inventory
- Order products and office supplies
- Fill resource and information requests
- Additional Responsibilities
- Periodically drive to post office, bank, storage facilities and other places of business for specific ministry purposes
- Occasional evenings or weekends may be required to assist with events or workshops
- Occasional overnight travel to attend retreats or conferences may be required
- Other departmental projects that may be assigned by the Supervisor/Other Leadership
- Other projects and assignments as necessary to support the overall strategic plan of Joni and Friends
- Must possess a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Joni and Friends statement of faith.
- Desire to serve in a growing and dynamic Christian service ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required
- Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience required ( RE certification will be required)
- Strong organization and time management skills, including rigorous attention to detail
- Must possess solid computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage and maintain financial database, bookkeeping and processing income/expenses
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Understanding of Christian ministry and specifically Joni and Friends is desirable
Prior to applying for any position with Joni and Friends, all applicants must review our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement (below) and be in agreement with both.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).