Leasing Consultant (Lease-Up)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Jones Street Investment Partners, LLC (“JSIP”) is a real estate investment sponsor focused on multifamily assets in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Since its founding in October 2014, JSIP has acquired properties in seven states, totaling over 5,000 units over $1B in asset value. Jones Street Residential, Inc. (“JSR”) is an affiliate of JSIP and was formed in 2017 to provide efficient and integrated community management for the JSIP portfolio.
The Leasing Consultant plays an integral role in the overall success of the community by providing high-quality customer service to both current and prospective residents. This position is responsible for overseeing the entire leasing process, which includes responding to initial inquiries, scheduling, and conducting site tours, screening applicants, and preparing and executing lease documents. The Leasing Consultant is also expected to have a strong understanding of the real estate market, evaluating, and implementing methods to enhance occupancy and the overall performance of the community.
- Effectively develop and implement personal sales and telephone skills
- Provide information about the apartments and the community to the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community
- Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident and maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident
- Collect security deposits, rent, and all other funds associated with resident moves
- Prepare all lease documentation while following qualification, screening, and acceptance of applicant procedures
- Work to optimize occupancy while maintaining effective lease rent, increasing community traffic, and maintaining closing ratio goals
- Maintain prospect, traffic, and leasing data in database
- Retain thorough product knowledge of market competition, prepare monthly competitive survey reports and analyze the real estate market trends in the area
- Respond to resident problems and complaints, following through to ensure resolution of issues
- Complete service requests and communicate all requests to Maintenance Department
- Support the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
- Inspect vacant apartments on a regular basis to ensure they are ready to show to prospective residents
- Conduct follow-up activity with all residents to establish positive resident relations
- Maintain open communications with the Community Manager and Maintenance Manager
- Implement or direct implementation of all applicable community policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations
- 1 – 2 years of sales experience in a retail, hospitality, or multi-family environment
- Proficient computer and software skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Trustworthy and reliable – sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Must have valid driver’s license and valid Vehicle insurance
- Must have a neat appearance and professional apparel
- Experience with Yardi highly preferred
- Medical, Dental & Vision (100% covered by employer)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability.
Jones Street Residential Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Jones Street evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Jones Street ResidentialKittery, ME
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.