Title: Manager Service Training Status: Full Time / Temp-To-Perm
Location: Negotiable based on successful candidate FLSA: Salaried / Exempt
Supervised By: General Manager Service
Job Description: The Service Training Manager is responsible for managing the Technical Training Department’s daily operation and mission to deliver quality factory certification classes and non-certification classes to Jones & Frank service technicians and other PEI qualified technicians in a classroom environment. In addition, assist the Jones & Frank management team in maintaining tech certifications by providing online continuing education from our Manufacturing Partners and the Jones & Frank Training Team. Assure development and continuous improvement of training courses by monitoring service delivery quality and questions to technical services support center. Manage an operational budget and capital expenditures for training equipment and assets for the purpose of developing and delivering best in industry training programs.
1. Assign the Trainers to published classroom schedule and additional training request.
2. Promote and market the J&F Technical Training Program.
3. Market research for establishing competitive pricing that increases class growth.
4. Perform periodic reviews of Trainers performance and development.
5. Negotiate and coordinate remote classes at customer’s location.
6. Make sure Jones & Frank and Service policy and procedures are followed.
7. Ensure class objectives are met and student performance is measured.
8. Identify Training opportunities and develop strategies for securing that opportunity.
Training Development and Delivery Responsibilities
1. Work with Trainers in class management and delivery.
2. Work with Trainers in developing and improving class presentation.
3. Develop hands-on activities simulate service procedures.
4. Develop testing and evaluation to clearly measure performance.
5. Develop custom classes to meet J&F and/or Customer requirements.
6. Develop and perform class observations and review process.
7. Make recommendations for class improvements (both instructor lead and online).
a) Work closely with Manager, Technical Services to modify training as needed based on calls to Service Support Center
b) Work closely with Service Managers to monitor technician quality measures (such as fix on first visit) and modify training as required to improve and to identify technicians that need supplemental training.
8. Develop and maintain a webinar training program.
9. Develop and maintain a library of short YouTube training videos.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
1. 10 Years of training experience.
2. 15 Years of petroleum experience.
3. College Technical Degree and/or Equivalent Technical Certification.
4. Proven Computer skills and knowledge with networks.
5. Problem solving and development skills.
6. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
7. Competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Competent with using and managing web-site applications.
*The duties listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities at any time.