Job Description: The Service Manager is responsible for managing a team of skilled technicians that delivers high quality repair and maintenance to customers in a fast-paced environment while achieving company financial objectives (revenue and earnings). The Service Manager is responsible for the safety performance of the branch, monitoring performance metrics, assuring response time is achieved, and delivering diagnostic & repair activities that meet customer expectations. The Service Manager will maintain regular communication with key customers and be involved with pricing and invoicing issues. This position works with the Jones & Frank sales team to build strong customer relationships.
- Maintain safe & productive culture among the service technicians. Enforce and ensure that company safety policies are followed by branch employees.
- Ensure company procedures are being followed.
- Prioritize service technician retention and recruitment to maintain capacity to support customer's break-fix and project requests.
- Manage Service Technician Certifications / Training.
- Work with company sales team to expand customer base with goal of growing company busines.
- Use ServiceMax application to monitor & manage quality and cost performance indicators. Monitor the dispatch board and open tickets daily to ensure customer service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Review financial P&L each month to ensure performance to budget; review and analyze for opportunities to improve margins and reduce cost and assist in periodic financial forecasting activities.
- Understand customer A/R and resolve aging service A/R balances.
- Ensure technician compliance with all administrative needs, such as service vehicle parts inventories and service parts logistics (requests and reverse logistics of returned parts); assist with service billing team to maintain timely billing to customer.
- Responsible for regular technician vehicle safety inspections occurring and ensuring cleanliness of vehicles.
- Review service reports, pricing, contracts.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of Petroleum Industry experience preferred, or 3 years in an industry providing equipment service with skilled technicians
- Minimum of 2 years of Management or Supervisory experience
- Need to be mechanically inclined
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity with computer operations and an aptitude for learning computer skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and strong customer satisfaction orientation
*The duties listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.