CNC Machinist Programmer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please join our team in Los Alamos, New Mexico to support mission essential work for the Department of Energy and Los Alamos National Laboratory! We are a small company in a scenic town with plenty of options for recreation in a mild climate with 4 seasons. We offer medical and retirement benefits, and we are located about 35 minutes from Santa Fe, NM.
Job Summary and Purpose:
Team player that supports the efficient and quality development of products that require machining.
• Operate machine tools to produce precision parts to prints and specifications
• Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
• Set up and operate mills lathes, grinders, saws and associated equipment
• Program, setup and operate CNC mills, lathes, utilizing Gibs Cam a plus
• Perform routine maintenance on machinery
• Inspect dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
• Prepare parts for Shipment
Other Required Duties:
• Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of equipment.
• Adhere to project schedules to support production of all project deadlines and schedules. • Show up to work on time.
• Complete work in an efficient, safe, and timely manner, with attention to accuracy and avoidance of unnecessary waste.
• Adhere to the Company Employee Handbook
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, SKILL SETS, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
• Previous experience in machinery or other related fields.
• Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Personal toolbox and tools preferred
• Ability to operate manual and CNC equipment
• Ability to complete parts from start to finish using all shop equipment necessary to produce quality parts • Capability to work in a shop setting
• Associates degree (AAS) in Machining Technologies or an equivalent precision metalworking program and 3 years of experience; or 5 years of prototype experience; or completion of a Journeyperson qualification program and 3 years of experience
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and sketches which use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols
• Ability to interpret specifications and determine how they relate to the manufacturing of the component or assembly
• Knowledge to produce parts using conventional, CNC (to include 4 and 5 axis work) and advanced manufacturing techniques for parts with a high degree of difficulty and tight tolerances, typically +/- .0005 • Proficiency in machining processes, tools and operations
• Ability to review customer-provided drawings and effectively recommend revisions to enhance manufacturability and exact design intent
• Ability to perform precision measurements using calipers, micrometers, verniers, and other tools • Ability to operate manual and powered lifting equipment
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE OR EQUAL COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Preferred Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
€ Drive Forklift
€ Maximum Physical Lifting up to 50 pounds
€ Drive Vehicles
€ Remote Work
€ On-Site Work
€ Climbing Ladders
€ Overhead Work
€ Confined Space Work
Jona Manufacturing Services, Inc.
264 DP RdDallas, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jona Manufacturing Services, Inc.