Process bulk cheese to finish goods by cutting, weighting, wrapping and tagging individual units and placing in trays as finish goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The cheese cutting person picks up a block or wheel of cheese from the aluminum cheese tray and cuts the plastic wrap off the cheese
- The cheese is then placed and position on a stainless steel base by the cheese cutter to be cut
- Once the cheese is cut by the hand cutting person is placed back onto the aluminum cheese tray were it is passed to the person who performs the next phase of the cutting process
- The wrapping person places the individual pieces of cheese on a conveyer belt which will place plastic wrap over the cheese, cut the wrap and will heat seal the cheese and wrap together using hot air through or the wrapping person might hand wrap the cheese manually
- Another person in the group weights the individual’s pieces of cheese by placing the cheese on the scale. The scale weights the cheese and prints out a label, which has the weight and price for the unit of cheese. The person puts the label onto the individuals units of cheese and passes the cheese onto the person in the group
- The last person in the group puts the product label on the cheese, which tells the consumer what type the cheese it is. One individual from the group will clean the aluminum cheese tray so it could be used again during the shift. This process is continued several times during shif.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to work in spaces with 72 inches of headroom.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of 36 degrees Fahrenheit and inside ambient temperatures (including heat and cold)
- Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 2 hours, over an 8-hour shift
- Occasionally work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
For More Information...
Visit: 422 W Mondamin. Ave, IL 60447