CWMD Synthetic Biologist
Joint Research and Development Inc Lorton, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
JRAD is currently hiring Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Synthetic Biologists in a non-laboratory setting to support a Government client in the National Capital Region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical/scientific resource on projects in the area of threat agent science
- Reviews and evaluates project proposals applying the basic principles of plant and animal life and the effects of varying environmental and physical conditions such as atmosphere, temperature, radioactivity or pollution
- Studies reactions of plants and animals to parasites, bacteria, viruses, pharmaceuticals, radiation and chemicals.
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge on subjects such as biology, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, genetics, virology, immunology, toxicology, pathology, physiology, medical science, veterinarian science, or health physics.
- Prepares technical documentation and presentations to explain the approach, associated assumptions, and conclusions of scientific investigations.
Required Skills and Education
- Master's Degree in Biology with a focus on synthetic biology
- Must have experience in one or more of the following:
- Infectious disease or disease vector research
- Biological agent detection or analysis
- Animal studies, FDA regulations, or drug development
- Synthetic biology or toxicology
- Research or functional project support in chemical or biological threat agent science
- Active Secret DoD security clearance required
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
When you work for JRAD you will never be just a number. We put people before profits!
JRAD is committed to the health and well-being of its employees. We offer more paid time off than the average company upon hire and the following benefits are available to all full-time employees:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical & dependent day care
• Disability Insurance
• 401K Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
JRAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
As a Federal contractor, JRAD is in compliance with the requirements of the Federal COVID-19 mandate in accordance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042.
Joint Research and Development Inc
ScienceView all jobs at Joint Research and Development Inc