- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JRAD has an opening for a Biologist located in the Washington DC
- Analyzes environmental or air samples for acutely hazardous Biological and Chemical contamination
- Operates and maintains biological laboratory equipment (e.g., Electrochemiluminescence (ECL), Capillary Electrophoresis, and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) instruments) and performs basic maintenance and checks on common laboratory hardware/software systems and infrastructure
- Operates automated liquid handling system (Biomek)
- Uses Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for management of laboratory analytical data
- Participates in laboratory proficiency testing activities as part of a strict Quality Management System (QMS) and maintains QAQC records to include performance charts, control limits, and detection and reporting limits for analytical methods governing use of laboratory instruments
- Meticulously adheres to laboratory procedures, data management practices and safety protocols in accordance with Laboratory Quality Assurance Plans and safety policies/regulations
- Supports formal audits of laboratory quality control systems and practices, the inspection of safety practices and the review of Job Hazard Analyses
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies
- Must be capable of working a flexible schedule, including starting early in the morning, working extended work days, and potential weekends and holidays on occasion, when necessary to support the mission.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline (biology, biochemistry, or similar) from accredited college or university
- Must have more than 3 year of specific experience in sample preparations and quantitative analysis of environmental samples by methods such as PCR, ELISA, and capillary electrophoresis for hazardous bacteria, viruses and toxins
- Must have demonstrated analytical laboratory skills as evidenced by participation in a Proficiency Test such as a Precision and Accuracy performance test or equivalent
- Must have experience with quality management standards (e.g., ISO 17025 or similar), biological sample preparation methods, techniques, regulations, protocols, safety
- Secret security clearance required
When you work for JRAD you will never be just a number. We put people before profits!
JRAD is committed to the health and well-being of its employees. We offer more paid time off than the average company upon hire, and the following benefits are available to all full-time employees:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed Medical & Dependent Day Care
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
JRAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Veterans
Please note this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
Joint Research and Development Inc
Get fresh Field Biologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.