Network Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance - ECS2160
- Posted: June 29, 2022
Today's global security environment is a constant of change. Threats can arise from any point on the globe and our military services must be prepared and capable of responding at a moments notice. A core force multiplier is the role played by government contracted services. As a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, Joint Enterprise Technologies is uniquely positioned to understand the needs of Department of Defense organizations and match those needs with current technology to ensure US forces maintain technological, strategic, and tactical information superiority.
About the Opportunity:
Joint Enterprise Technologies is currently seeking a talented Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide operations, maintenance and advanced support of voice; data; and/or video communications for our customer's enterprise networks. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of enterprise voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 IAW DoD policy prior to start date.
- An active Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Willingness to submit to and pass a counter intelligence (CI) Polygraph.
- Washington, DC
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of Cisco Systems or Juniper Networks hardware/software experience.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, MPLS, and BFD.
- Knowledge of Hierarchical and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
- Experience with NSA-approved network encryption devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service orientation
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- HS/GED + 9 years experience
- Associates Degree + 7 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree + 5 years experience
- Master's Degree + 3 year experience
- PhD + 0 years experience
- Security+ CE
- CCNP or JNCIA; or higher
- ITIL Foundations (desired)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence in service through diversity employment.
Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC, please call 813-436-9946 or e-mail us and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request will be considered.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter* Are you willing to relocate?* No answerYesNo Desired salary* Earliest start date?* What is your minimum salary requirement?* EDUCATION (Please note the information provided herein will be verified at the time a contingent offer of employment is extended):
Name of High School:* High School City and State* Date of High School Graduation: Do you have an Associate's degree in a related technical discipline?* -- No answer --YesNo Undergraduate College/University Name: Undergraduate College/University City and State: Undergraduate Degree Earned/Major: Undergraduate Date of College/University Graduation: Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline?* -- No answer --YesNo Undergraduate College/University Name: Undergraduate College/University City and State: Undergraduate Degree Earned/Major Undergraduate Date of College/University Graduation: WORK HISTORY/EXPERIENCE: Include a minimum of the last 10 years of employment, or 3 Employers (NOTE: the information provided herein will be verified at the time a contingent offer of employment is extended):
Have you ever been involuntarily terminated for a position for any reason?* -- No answer --YesNo If you answered "Yes" to the above question on involuntary termination, please provide the Employer(s) name and an explanation regarding the circumstances (this is not an automatic disqualification for employment): Name, address and phone number of most recent/current employer (Employer 1):* Supervisor Name (Employer 1):* Job Title (Employer 1):* Description of duties/responsibilities (Employer 1):* Start Date (Employer 1):* End Date (Employer 1):* Starting salary (Employer 1):* Ending Salary (Employer 1):* Reason for leaving (Employer 1):* Name, address and phone number of next most recent employer (Employer 2):* Supervisor Name (Employer 2):* Job Title (Employer 2):* Description of duties/responsibilities (Employer 2):* Start Date (Employer 2):* End Date (Employer 2):* Starting Salary (Employer 2):* Ending Salary (Employer 2):* Reason for leaving (Employer 2):* Name, address and phone number of next most recent employer (Employer 3):* Supervisor Name (Employer 3):* Job Title (Employer 3):* Description of duties/responsibilities (Employer 3):* Start Date (Employer 3):* End Date (Employer 3):* Starting Salary (Employer 3):* Ending Salary (Employer 3):* Reason for leaving (Employer 3):* How many years of directly related technical experience do you have?* -- No answer --Entry Level: 0 - 1 yearEarly Career: 2 - 4 yearsMid-Level: 5 - 9 yearsSenior Level: 10 - 15 yearsMaster: 16+ years Do you have a Security+ CE or CCNA Security certification?* -- No answer --YesNo Do you have an IASAE II certification [CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate) ISC2, or CSSLP ISC2]?* --...
Joint Enterprise Technologies
TechnologyView all jobs at Joint Enterprise Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?