Network Administrator - TS/SCI Clearance - ECS2002
- Posted: over a month ago
Today's global security environment is a constant of change. Threats can arise from any point on the globe and our military services must be prepared and capable of responding at a moments notice. A core force multiplier is the role played by government contracted services. As a service-disabled veteran-owned small business, Joint Enterprise Technologies is uniquely positioned to understand the needs of Department of Defense organizations and match those needs with current technology to ensure US forces maintain technological, strategic, and tactical information superiority.
About the Opportunity:
Joint Enterprise Technologies is currently seeking a talented Network Engineer with a background in maintaining large global enterprise networks. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of
WAN/LAN architecture and troubleshooting supporting technologies. Be able to work escalated network issues and potentially provide long term network solutions to issues. Maintain customer service level agreements and deliverables as needed. The network engineer should be able to look at network design and recommend network improvements. Needs to be able to be a strong team player and able to provide individual contributions. Excellent written communication skills and is proactive. Willing to perform some travel and perform network implementations.
AN ACTIVE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO APPLY.
- Willingness to submit to and pass a counter intelligence (CI) Polygraph.
- Pearl Harbor, HI
- 3+ years of Cisco or Juniper network administration experience
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network infrastructure related hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP,
VRF's, and MPLS.
- Knowledge of Hierarchical Network, Leaf-Spin, and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
- Experience working in government and military/defense environments.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of ISIS routing and multicast routing.
- Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like ServiceNow.
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint for knowledge management.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, Microfocus NA & NNMi, or Netscout is desired but not mandatory.
- Experience with data encryption devices such as KG-350, KG-175G, KG-175X is desired but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDN) management technologies like Netconf, Restconf, and Yang.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages like Python and experience with Linux operating systems would be a plus.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Ability to collaborate with similar network engineers across the globe troubleshooting network operational issues.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems while meeting service level agreements with customer.
- May provide work leadership or training to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Analyze network logs and perform debugging of network system issues.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service orientation
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- HS/GED + 9 years experience
- Associates Degree + 7 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years experience
- Master’s Degree + 3 year experience
- PhD + 0 years experience
- Security+ CE
- ITIL Foundations (desired)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence in service through diversity employment.
Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Joint Enterprise Technologies, LLC, please call 813-436-9946 or e-mail us and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request will be considered.
Powered by JazzHR
Joint Enterprise Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?