Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnstone Supply, North Americas leading wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a great opportunity for a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. Over the last seven decades Johnstone has grown into the industry leader with over 450 distributor branches and 6 distribution centers throughout North America resulting in over $4 billion in annual sales. We work with some of the largest companies in the world, including Daikin/Goodman, Honeywell, Emerson, Johnson Controls, Google and Fujitsu, to provide contractors with world class products, technical expertise and quality service.
As a member of the Information Technology team, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day IT operations and engineering of infrastructure solutions in support of Johnstone's Digital Transformation initiatives and maintaining IT networks for our distribution centers across the United States.
- Provides operational support of various infrastructure components including: PaloAlto Network Firewalls, Arbua switches, VMWare, Windows and Linux servers, Active Directory, and related Microsoft O365 infrastructure
- Provides support and engineer solutions for our private cloud infrastructure
- Participates in the migration of various solutions from on-premises to Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud.
- Provides guidance and support when needed to our support team who handle level 1 and level 2 support issues.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to maintain secure and reliable infrastructure services.
- Plan, Design, Support and Maintain infrastructure services: Active Directory, VMware, O365, Citrix, Windows 2019, database, backup services, etc.
- Monitors and troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, reviewing logs, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Implements and maintains network and systems security controls, including encryption and authentication standards, access controls, anti-malware services, and updating critical services and equipment with recent and secure versions of software.
- Performs regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Supports and maintain LAN, WAN, and remote network segments on a variety of network equipment including Firewalls, Network Switches, and wireless AP controllers.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting network problems and escalating problems to vendor.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; At least 5 years of related experience and/or training; or high school diploma and 10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MCSE/MCITP, VCP, Citrix, and/or ITIL certifications are preferred but not required for this role.
- Ability to support a virtualized Windows server environment
- Ability to support network infrastructure, managing LAN, WAN, and remote network segments on a variety of network equipment including Firewalls, Network Switches, and wireless AP controllers (Palo Alto, HP/Aruba, and Brocade)
- Ability to work within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of enterprise backup and storage technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft licensing and how it impacts planning and decision-making
- Ability to support Linux servers are preferred, but not required for this role.
Johnstone Supply is strongly interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors & values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding quickly.
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable solutions.
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.
Johnstone offers a competitive wage and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with company match, and PTO after 90 days. Our commitment to continuous improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Visit our website https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more information about our growing company.
EOE & E-Verify Participating Employer.
Johnstone Supply LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Johnstone Supply LLC
Get fresh Lead Infrastructure Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.