- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnstone Supply, North America's leading wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a great opportunity for a Receiving Lead to join our team at our Allentown Distribution Center. We're a national company but operate like a family business - you're not just a number at Johnstone, you're an important part of our team!
We offer Regular Full-time status Receiving Leads a starting wage of $22.00 per hour plus eligibility for quarterly incentive bonuses, and benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with up to 5% company match, 3 weeks of PTO within the first year, and a safety shoe allowance. We're proud to offer 1st and 2nd shift, Monday - Friday schedules. Some weekend overtime when we're busy, but that's an opportunity to earn more money!
Johnstone Supply is invested in the growth and development of our people and we're hiring individuals who are also interested in growth. We provide training and advancement opportunities to those who have the desire and capability to take their performance up to the next level. Many of our warehouse team-members have been promoted to higher levels of responsibility and compensation.
Our commitment to continuous improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply now.
- When the Shift Supervisor is not available, the Lead oversees the efficient running of the department by completing paperwork, managing problems, scheduling labor, answering questions and handling the assigning of tasks.
- Responsible for the accuracy of transactions, product scans and pick inventory by scanning products, printing labels, resolving labeling discrepancies, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for understanding the daily expectations of the distribution center and to assist the shift Supervisor in delegating work assignments to meet customer demand.
- Ensures that the appropriate controls and visual management tools are in-place and updated for effective operations within the designated area of responsibility.
- Leads by example in adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows established best practices and participates in supporting LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for product put away, stocking, picking, and filling bin boxes.
- Ensures products are readily available to order fillers by: monitoring stock on shelves or bins; replenishing picking stock from reserves; maintaining control of products in the reserve stock area; and monitoring "Pull Tickets" and giving priority to Shipping Department needs.
- Maintains current department accuracy and efficiency standards and follows all department standard operating procedures.
- Provides performance reports to DC Supervisor, DC Operations Manager, and DC Manager.
- When needed will assist the Shipping Department with order filling and packing when needed.
- Helps train new employees in the Introductory Training and department-specific training.
- Performs cross-training, as needed, to ensure that additional staff are ready and available.
- Maintains a safe work environment by working in a safe manner, following current Distribution safety rules, maintains equipment, and maintains a clean work area.
- Completing any additional tasks or duties designated by the Distribution Center Supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of previous leadership experience is preferred, but not required for this role.
- Abilityto add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to train Associates on the proper use of equipment, safety policies, and ensures that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and utilized.
- Ability to assist with training for new hires, existing employees, and contract labor.
- Ability to communicate constructive feedback to management and employees.
- Ability to identify and recommend enhancements to improve processes, quality and resource utilization.
- Ability to drive or learn to drive a forklift, Order Picker and Reach Truck.
- Ability to give orders, direction, and lead effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage interpersonal conflict in the workplace.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.
- Ability to attend to details.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
- Ability to give clear instructions.
- Ability to converse with different types of customers.
- Ability to lead others in a team-based environment.
- Desire to support and meet the needs of customers, employees, and the Company as a whole.
Johnstone Supply is strongly interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors & values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding quickly.
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable solutions.
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.
Visit our website www.JohnstoneSupply.com for more information about our growing company.
Monday-Friday, 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Johnstone Supply LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Johnstone Supply LLC
Get fresh Wholesale Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.