QA Manager - Software
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnstone Supply, North Americas leading wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a great opportunity for a QA Manager to join our team. Over the last seven decades Johnstone has grown into the industry leader with over 450 distributor branches and 6 distribution centers throughout North America resulting in over $3 billion in annual sales. We work with some of the largest companies in the world, including Daikin/Goodman, Honeywell, Emerson, Johnson Controls, Google and Fujitsu, to provide contractors with world class products, technical expertise and quality service.
As a member of the Information Technology team, the QA Manager is responsible for leading our QA Testers, mentoring senior and junior QA Engineers along with building test automation frameworks, communicating quality updates across the engineering / product organizations, and manually testing new features.
- This position will manage our Web Support Analysts (2) and our outsourced QA testing team (3-4 people.)
- Lead QA efforts and mentor junior engineers in the QA team.
- Help recruit and run candidate interviews.
- Uphold test code quality standards through code review and coaching.
- Develop tooling and lay technical foundations to enrich our QA capabilities.
- Contribute to QA activities and individual work items.
- Implement automation tests across both Web and Mobile (IOS & Android). We are willing to train people who have no automation experience but have strong programming skills.
- Manual testing and coverage for new features that have not yet been automated; Perform Black Box and White Box testing.
- Manage and configure build servers used for running automation.
- Work in collaboration with development team in continuous build & deployment process.
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality.
- Effectively communicate status and escalate issues, risks, and concerns with supervisor, manager, and team members.
- Create and maintain manual test cases; execute test scripts, reports and maintain defects in Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 3 - 4 years of experience building a QA team either as a Lead QA or QA manager.
- Experience with testing eCommerce type websites with shopping carts.
- Experience with Automation testing tools. Bonus for Mobile (iOS/Android) experience using Appium, Selenium and LamdaTest.
- Demonstrated understanding of testing methodologies through application of concepts and techniques learned during software testing professional certification, or from equivalent work experience.
- Experience in agile, scrum environments.
- Strong knowledge of QA automation frameworks and test suites for user interface (UI) and non-UI applications
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Ability to communicate information across different individuals, departments, and external parties, including presenting to Leadership.
Johnstone Supply is strongly interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors & values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding quickly.
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable solutions.
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.
Johnstone offers a competitive wage and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with company match, and PTO after 90 days. Our commitment to continuous improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Visit our website https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more information about our growing company.
EOE & E-Verify Participating Employer.
Johnstone Supply LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Johnstone Supply LLC