Power Generator TECH
Johnson Thermal Systems Inc Caldwell, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POWER GENERATOR TECHNICIAN
OUR COMPANY: Founded in 2004, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers and Industrial Refrigeration Units. We are also the largest Generac Residential Service & Sales Dealer in the Treasure Valley. At JTS, we are proud to have a 'work focused' culture that demands the very best of our staff. As a company, we are committed to ongoing training and education to support our staff and ensure, every job we complete is right the first time.
Why You Are Needed:
As a certified Power Generator Technician, you will be troubleshooting and completing repairs on new and old generators alike, performing basic servicing and completing new generator Start-ups, with testing and commissioning. You will need to be a detailed communicator and complete Service Orders daily. You will be working in the field in the Treasure Valley and in addition to your Field Technician responsibilities, you will be assisting our Power Gen Electricians with the installations of small generators and Automatic Transfer Switches. While you will be trained and certified to work on Generac systems, you will also be working on other manufactures generators. Some factory certification and training will require travel, but most training will be done in Caldwell and on the job.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma
- Broad range of engine generator mechanical ability
- Excellent communication qualities
- Customer Service oriented
- Mechanical repair and diagnostic tools
- Electrical repair and diagnostic tools
- Read and understand manuals, schematics and troubleshooting trees
Required: Power Generation experience (5+ years’ experience as a Power Generator Technician)
- Must have a detailed understanding of a schematics and possess a Power “get the job done” attitude!
- Must be meticulous in detail in providing service order documentation.
- Must be willing available to travel on occasion for training and certification purposes.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to upsell repairs and communicate with the customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Install Transfer Switches and make terminations from utility meter to automatic transfer switches to generator.
- Submit and Coordinate permit and inspections.
- Perform new system start up and commissioning.
- Analyze, inspect, and troubleshoot engine generators using test equipment.
- Perform minor engine and generator component removal and replacement.
- Operate a variety of vehicle lifts when needed to assist in repairs.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and single-line diagrams.
- Assist in shop manufacturing/assembly of new product and/or testing, when field work is not available.
- Managing time on installations and repairs.
What You Will Receive in Return:
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- 120 hours of PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Corporate Health Club Membership
- Field Service Vehicle Provided
Physical Requirements: Be able to lift at least 25-50lbs frequently and up to 75-100lbs occasionally.
Employment Requirements: Ability to successfully pass pre hire requirements - Drug Testing/Background Check and will require a clean MVR (motor vehicle report) for insurability.
- Company is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment and random drug testing will be conducted.
- A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
- Pre-employment competency testing specific to the job requirements.
- DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE.
Johnson Thermal Systems Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Johnson Thermal Systems Inc