Power Generator ELECTRICIAN
Johnson Thermal Systems Inc Caldwell, ID
- Posted: over a month ago
POWER GENERATOR (TECHNICIAN/INSTALLER/ELECTRICIAN)
OUR COMPANY: Founded in 2004, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers and Industrial Refrigeration Units. We are also the largest Generac Residential Service & Sales Dealer in the Treasure Valley. At JTS, we are proud to have a 'work focused' culture that demands the very best of our staff. As a company, we are committed to ongoing training and education to support our staff and ensure, every job we complete is right the first time.
Why You Are Needed:
As a Generator Installer/Electrician you will be responsible for installations that consist of mounting small generators and Automatic Transfer Switches, running conduit and cable and then making final electrical terminations from the meter, to the ATS, then to the generator. Additionally, you will be cross trained and certified to work on Generac residential generators, perform repairs and warranty work, diagnose issues, perform Start-Ups and Commissioning on residential stand-by generators. Some factory certification and training will require travel, but most training will be done in Caldwell and on the job.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
Education/Licensing Journeyman Electrician
- The qualified applicant must have their current electrical contractors license in Idaho. (Based on successful completion of National Electrical Code (NEC) certified journeyman apprenticeship or similar apprenticeship program, hours worked/experience, and testing requirements to attain journeyman status as required from a state that has reciprocity agreement with Idaho).
- 5+ years experience as a Journeyman electrician in industrial or construction setting.
- Ability to successfully pass pre hire requirements (Drug Testing/Background Check and will require a clean MVR (motor vehicle report for insurability).
Preferred: Power Generation experience
- Must have a detailed understanding of a schematics and possess a Power “get the job done” attitude!
- Must be meticulous in detail in providing service order documentation.
Must be willing available to travel on occasion for training and certification purposes.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to upsell repairs and communicate with the customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Install Transfer Switches and make terminations from utility meter to automatic transfer switches to generator.
- Submit and Coordinate permit and inspections.
- Perform new system start up and commissioning.
- Analyze, inspect, and troubleshoot engine generators using test equipment.
- Perform minor engine and generator component removal and replacement.
- Operate a variety of vehicle lifts when needed to assist in repairs.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and single-line diagrams.
- Assist in shop manufacturing/assembly of new product and/or testing, when field work is not available.
- Managing time on installations and repairs.
What You Will Receive in Return:
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- 120 hours of PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Corporate Health Club Membership
- Field Service Vehicle Provided
Physical Requirements: Be able to lift at least 25-50lbs frequently and up to 75-100lbs occasionally.
- Company is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment and random drug testing will be conducted.
- A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
- Pre-employment competency testing specific to the job requirements.
- DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE.
Johnson Thermal Systems Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Johnson Thermal Systems Inc