Water Quality Student Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnson Service Group is looking for a Student Intern either an Under Grad or a Grad student who will work in the Water Quality Department at one of our clients. Anyone with experience in Water Quality, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Biology, or a related Field. This is a part-time long-term position. Depending on your year in college could go 1-3 years.
Duration: Part Time – 960 hours
Location: San Jose, CA
- Analyze and evaluate historical operational and water quality data for water treatment plants by using Operational Data Management System (ODMS) and OSISoft PI. Create new reports, Excel queries, and dashboards in response to data requests.
- Assist with implementation of EIM Locus database for accessing laboratory data.
- Assist with implementation of filter monitoring program, including collecting manganese samples and biological activity samples at different treatment plants; compile operational data, create and update Excel tables and charts.
- Assist water quality engineers as needed on bench-top, pilot-scale and plant-scale studies.
- Continue to update the Unit Filter Runtime Volumes spreadsheet and assist in preparation of data for the monthly filter meetings for the three treatment plants.
- Assist with source water management projects as needed.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation and memorandums for projects as needed.
- SQL, Access, Oracle Database knowledge, Excel, Macros OSISoft PI, EIM Locus knowledge a plus.
- Environmental data management.
- Water chemistry.
- Basic laboratory skills.
- Research skills for literature reviews.
- Water treatment processes for drinking water and recycled water.
- Water Hydraulics.
- Microsoft Office. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Statistics, big data management.
- Currently enrolled as a continuing student in an accredited college or university and carrying at least 9 units per school term for an Undergrad or 6 units for a Grad student, or a recent college graduate.
- Applicable Majors include Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Quality related field.
But don’t just trust us – let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We’re always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, paid time off, sick time, 401(k) and more.
Johnson Service GroupWhy Work Here?
Work for a company with great culture and room to grow your career.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with almost 40 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We are all about growing and investing in our staff. JSG’s mission is to empower people, help our clients reach their goals, and hire motivated individuals. Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressSan Jose, CA
Websitehttp://www.jsginc.com View all jobs at Johnson Service Group
Get fresh Intern Water jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.