The Sr. Accountant provides professional accounting services by preparing, analyzing and processing financial statements, budgets, customer invoices and monthly reports for the company.
- Ensure that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis, and proposal preparation.
- Close monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries to include company allocations, calculating direct/indirect costs, rates and revenue recognition.
- Review, analyze, and facilitate invoice and bill processing.
- Audit accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
- Coordinate with the site staff to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other specific requirements.
- Analyze financial statements and contract performance to provide evaluation of variances for preparing bid, budget and forecast.
- Train/assist co-workers in software and information systems to support accounting functions.
- Assist internal and/or external audit process as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Preferred Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. Two (2) years’ experience in financial analysis or accounting may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Two (2+) plus years of experience in financial analysis or accounting required.
- Multiple years of experience as an analyst / accountant.
- Experience with government contract accounting, preferred.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in a normal office environment.
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.