- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are a self-starter known for your partnership and communication skills, come join us as a Designer! In this role, you will be using your skills and expertise to develop highly complex designs. These cover a very wide range, from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll create and review layouts, drawings, and models for clarity, completeness, and accuracy. You'll identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in designs
The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer will work as part of the Sierra Nevada Corporation product development team. They are responsible for the layout of complex multilayer digital, power supply, and RF designs. They will work with electrical and mechanical engineers to produce high-quality layouts, per the defined requirements and schedule. The PCB Designer will be responsible for the production release of layout files, fabrication drawings, and assembly drawings.
- Layout of complex mixed signal, mixed technology, high density PCB designs.
- Collaborate with RF, digital, analog, or power design engineers during parts placement and signal routing to ensure PCB designs meet all requirements.
- Collaborate with mechanical design engineers to ensure mechanical integrity as well as thermal requirements are met.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Verify that established drafting standards are followed.
- Ensure that PCB designs meet the electrical requirements and follow the established program design and fabrication guidelines.
- Follow company policies and procedures, along with our established manufacturing guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience with PADS Layout Suite VX2.7
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Associates or Technical Degree in a related field
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS, Creo, NX, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, CATIA or Enovia 3Dxperience software.
- Working knowledge of ASME and Government standards.
- Background in the Aerospace & Defense Industry.
- Prior experience applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Knowledge of industry-standard design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware and or electrical component selection, fabrication, manufacturing, and production processes
- Familiarity with Electro-Magnetic Effects (EME) to include, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Experience in digital and analog circuit layout and schematic capture
- Understanding of the printed circuit board layout process and tools
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson Service Group
ManufacturingView all jobs at Johnson Service Group
Get fresh Senior PCB Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.